1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Nexus 7 KeyboardSupport

1. dave47

dave47 New Member

I have lost the @ sign on my Nexus 7 keyboard, it was replaced with a microphone symbol and I can't seem to find it anywhere. Any suggestions on how to get it back please.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Hey dave! Welcome to AF!! :D

I moved your thread here so others with your device can help out:)
    Did your keyboard change after some sort of update?
  3. dave47

dave47 New Member

Hi Mike, it belongs to my wife, who says it was there a couple of days ago but is unsure whether or not there was an update inbetween.
    She is still finding her way around with it, being a bit of a technophobe, I'm not much help.
  4. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Well...you could either find another keyboard app to replace the stock one or is there a letter, that when long pressed, pulls up the option for the "@" sign? :D
  5. ChadShaft

ChadShaft Well-Known Member

Hi Dave,

Hold down the microphone button, some other options should pop up.
    Mikestony likes this.
  6. tcat007

tcat007 Well-Known Member

Also, depending on the field you are in, different symbols appear. The @ key and .com key show up when you are in an email address field and some others. I use "Kii" keyboard, it's very configurable, but the android one does the job.
    Mikestony likes this.
  7. dave47

dave47 New Member

Oh so embarrasing, tcat007 is correct. I only noticed the @ was missing whilst I was typing in the address bar all the time I was searching for it. Thanks for all your help I'm a little wiser now.