Nexus 7 lockscreen clock can I change it now I have Android 4.2?Support

1. mm43

mm43 Well-Known Member

I have just downloaded Android 4.2 to my Nexus 7.

The clock on the lockscreen seems to look different now Is it possible to change it back to the old one?:confused:

Have found the swype keyboard which I like Are there any other basic changs I should try out as a newbie?

Advertisement
    :
  2. vespa5

vespa5 Active Member

Unless there's more to it, I've only been able to choose from 4 different widgets for the lockscreen widgets (digital clock, calendar, gmail, sound search?). And that digital clock IS awkward looking. The first hour is bold typed yet the rest is not?
  3. systemofadown

systemofadown Well-Known Member

It does look awkward (the new clock)... I too only get the 4 listed widget options above...
  4. The12thDoctor

The12thDoctor Well-Known Member

I only have three. Gmail, calendar and the digital clock. :-(
  5. dave1812

dave1812 Well-Known Member

agreed, the 4.2 clock is awful. I'd like to know how to change it also.
  6. wtherrell

wtherrell Well-Known Member

May have to wait for custom rom to do this. One I'm using on my gnex has lots of lockscreen customizations. Like you, I can't wait to get rid of that ugly clock.
  7. carracerz14

carracerz14 Well-Known Member

Am I the only one that kinda likes it? Lmao:D
    tsaunders likes this.
  8. stomms

stomms Well-Known Member

Yesterday 4.2 arrived, and it is not possible to add alarm in landscape mode anymore!!!! WTF? I guessed for about 10 mins how to add and set alarm, cause I'm using my nexus in landscape mode. After I tryed portrait moe and "OK" button appears, very funny bug:)
  9. mm43

mm43 Well-Known Member

Well if you do find out ............... let me know lol

Its so big and right in the middle of the screen!

Dont want extra widgets there Just a small clock as before.

That white bar at edhe annoys me also lol :mad:
  10. tsaunders

tsaunders Well-Known Member

I don't mind it.

If you have Spotify running it will fill an entire square.
  11. hurdlejade

hurdlejade Member

Please, is there any way to turn off lock screen completly?
    My Nexus 7 used to go back to where I left it when I press power button, now it goes first to lock screen...

I hate it :(
  12. tcat007

tcat007 Well-Known Member

More info here. Looks like lots of widgets will be showing up. Not sure why anyone cares, how often is the lockscreren actuially on? Maybe 15 seconds a day on mine.
  13. Skyroket

Skyroket Well-Known Member

HD widgets added support for lock screen!

Attached Files:

tsaunders likes this.
  14. Groid

Groid Well-Known Member

Settings > Security > Screen lock > choose none. I just don't like a lock screen and I do think the clock is ugly. A lock screen is worthless unless you have an actual lock on it via a pin or pattern code, and having it really locked is a major inconvenience if you are in and out of your N7 frequently.
    Bexy likes this.
  15. global2

global2 Well-Known Member

I have HD widgets - how do you get this on the lockscreen? I don't see it in the widgets menu. Would love this instead of the new lockscreen.
  16. Skyroket

Skyroket Well-Known Member

did you update it? check play store for updates
    global2 likes this.
  17. global2

global2 Well-Known Member

Had to turn off tablet and power back on to get the HD widgets to update. But it worked and I LOVE it! Lockscreen now a thing of beauty.Many thanks.
    Bexy likes this.
  18. hurdlejade

hurdlejade Member

just figured it out.. if you have more than one account on your tablet then you can't disable lock screen - so you can always switch between the users.. not something i've been looking for..
    Groid likes this.
  19. zoxxo

zoxxo Well-Known Member

I'm curious, would a lock screen replacement program like Widgetlocker work in place of the 4.2 lock screen? If you don't find what your looking for, then this might be an alternative...
  20. zc1

zc1 Well-Known Member

Sure would...more flexible, too
  21. mssupertech

mssupertech New Member

I don't really want anything on my lock screen except the keypad to enter my pin. Is it possible to simply get rid of the ugly new default clock? I can't get rid of it except by replacing with one or two other unwanted widgets.
    Not a happy bunny :(
  22. tcat007

tcat007 Well-Known Member

"Fixed Clock" at least gets rid of the bold hours.

[​IMG]

mssupertech likes this.
  23. mssupertech

mssupertech New Member

Thanks, I'll give that s try
  24. mssupertech

mssupertech New Member

I've got plenty of lovely widgets but still have a problem. How do I actually get then onto the Lock Screen. Obviously it's not possible to drag onto this screen. I can't spot any setting to let me do it. Am I missing something VERY obvious??
  25. jhsrennie

jhsrennie Well-Known Member

Yes :) On the lock screen swipe left in the top half of the screen and press the plus icon.
    mssupertech likes this.