1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Nexus 7 - reformat or uninstall?Support

1. patddfan

patddfan New Member

recently, I have been noticing that my nexus 7 seems to be very unresponsive. the launcher and desktop seem to crash very often since 2013 began. in 2012, i never had issues with my nexus. should I wipe out the memory, or uninstall apps? even apps such as scrabble free crash when an ad is displayed! thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. jhsrennie

jhsrennie Well-Known Member

Speaking as an old time computer nerd, a reformat/reinstall is a great way to fix problems with any computer. The downside is having to set everything up again. How much trouble this is depends on how much you have installed on your tablet. When I've done it I find it's only half an hour to get everything back, and it gives you the chance to get rid of all those apps you installed to try out then didn't use again.

NB don't do a restore after the reset or you risk restoring whatever was causing the problems. Reset then manually reinstall the apps you want from your Google Play account.
  3. Teknologic

Teknologic Well-Known Member

Low internal storage seems to be the main cause of major slowdown in many N7s, the 16GB model I am particular when it gets below 3GB. Not sure if this causes many force closes but it's plausible.