Nexus 7 streaming issues

1. I have an 1st gen Nexus 7 and after updating to KitKat I can't use Time Warner Cable, HBOGo, or Showtime app. The apps open and stream the audio fine but the video is all choppy. It is HD quality but doesn't play smooth. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

The Nexus 7 running KitKat isn't fast enough to stream live video.
  3. filmmajor

filmmajor New Member

How can I fix this issue? Why on earth would Android give the Nexus 7 an update when you can't stream video after said update?

Can I go back to a prior version easily? I dont really have anything on the Nexus that I can't live without. Would a factory reset send me back to a prior version?
  4. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Welcome to our AndroidForums, filmmajor.

Not sure what could be going on with your N7--I just used Netflix on my N7 (1st gen, too) today (couple of Dr. Who episodes) and they played just fine (full screen, nothing wibbly-wobbly (;)) or anything).

Perhaps it's your network / wifi speed? I've "only" got an 802g router and am getting 14.95 download, 11.68 upload speeds (same room as router).

But I do think the N7 is plenty fast enough for streaming video.
  5. filmmajor

filmmajor New Member

I tested Crackel last night and that played smooth. So, it's Time Warner, HBO, and Showtimes apps only.

I tested my Internet speed and I am pulling down 25-30mbs which is plenty fast enough.
    scary alien likes this.