Nexus 7 USB Host?Support

Last Updated:

1. DarcMasta

DarcMasta Active Member

Hey everyone,

Debating on what way to go. Nexus 7 w/ 8GB and USB host or Nexus 7 w/ 16GB and USB Host.

Is this a confirmed feature on this tablet? Been digging around and haven't seen it anywhere. This could very well be the deal breaker between the 8 or 16GB. I am not worried to much about storage because of cloud storage (Hello 50GB!).

Any thoughts?

Advertisement
    cammykool likes this.
  2. cammykool

cammykool Well-Known Member

50 gigs of cloud storage????
  3. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

I believe you get 2 years of 50gb with the SIII.

I got 25gb for the LTEVO but I'm never gonna fill that up anyway.
  4. DarcMasta

DarcMasta Active Member

I got about 20GB from Dropbox last I checked, 5GB from Drive, I also have some Microsoft Cloud that is about 20GB. I have 50GB from Box. Not too worried I can always use a browser as well to access my files worse case scenario. I could even pay the $10 bucks and increase my Drive space as well haha. Cloud Storage is huge, only problem is having to redownload files, but Dropbox is working on that.
  5. cammykool

i have a 16 gig SD in my optimus v and thats filled to the max :p
  6. cammykool

[​IMG]

inputdevices.apk tells me that it can
    DarcMasta likes this.
  7. DarcMasta

DarcMasta Active Member

Lets hope. Any devs or attendees able to try this out? If this is the case, save yourself the cash. Buy the 8GB and a huge Flash Drive hehe.

I still <3 Google though, so $50 is only a small price difference for me.
  8. cookdav

cookdav Member

I went for (just) the 8GB model. (Figured one can buy a bigger SD for it anytime, right?)
  9. DanielM426

DanielM426 Well-Known Member

Actually it doesn't have expandable memory.
  10. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

This understandable but wrong assumption will be very common and create much disappointment when people open the box.
  11. DarcMasta

DarcMasta Active Member

Well technically it does with this USB host right?
  12. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Nobody seems to know yet. The misnomer is there is usb "host" and full usb host, which means there is a read write ability and paths for file managers and power for flash drives (at least).

Just because it might work with a keyboard, etc. does NOT mean it will work with data drives.

People like us need to review these darn devices :)

Update:

The users manual shows usb input device support, but not data support. This is probably by design and suggests a rooted mod will be needed for flash drives to properly work.

The N7 is cloud and proud.