Nexus 7 vs laptop help

1. 0235

0235 Member

BTW to anyone being a spam tracker, there is a duplicate thread i created on a forum called "forums.techguy.org". just putting many fingers in many pies to get a least bias opinion. that is all.

to all who cant be bothered to read poorly spelt and formatted ramblings head for the big ____________--->

i have 2 options. ditch my slightly underpowered but amazingly cheap and much loved phone (a sony ericsson mini pro SK17i) for somthing like an SII (as thats in my price range)

-or-

replace my 4 year old, windows vista 32 bit

Advertisement
  2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Well, one thinv to consider is what exactly do you do using Office on yoir laptop? Honestly, depending on what you do, the Nexus may or may not be able to replace the laptop as the Office apps on Windows.

As for Games the Nexus 7 should be able to handle all the games you throw at it.
  3. 0235

0235 Member

awesome. i had heard it was rarther powerful.

its likely, or should i say a 100% must that if i buy any tablet, i would also get a keyboard / case combo.

as for all the word processing, its pretty much always been write it on my laptop, then transfer it to my desktop pc later on to properly do it. the only thing i worry about the nexus 7 is it has no HDMI out port so i wouldnt be able to hook it up to projectors :(
  4. chanchan05

Is it not HDMI capable? You could probably transmit it wirelessly if the projector allows?
  5. 0235

0235 Member

i think alot of people had said there is no way to connect a nexus to a projector :(
  6. Davdi

Davdi Well-Known Member Contributor

If you'd like to keep the laptop, you have 2 options (So cheap you can get the Nexus7 as well!)

a) Upgrade to Windows 8 Pro (
  7. chanchan05

Well you could sacrifice a bit of the gaming part (you'll lose the Tegra exclusive games and some of the more higher end ones) and get a Tab 2. It would be able to connect to your projectors using an adaptor.