• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus 7 Watering Hole

Room for one more?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348351463460.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348351463460.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 80
Upvote 0
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!

I was sorta on hiatus/sorta really busy with a couple of projects on XDA, but now I'm back!

We've got 2 n7's in the house, now. My 16GB and my brother's 8GB. Currently running ParanoidAndroid 2.2 (4.1.2 CM base) with a pre-release _motley's kernel built from 4.1.2 source (coming soon) and a revised to 4.1.2 version of my Buttery Goodness recipe (also coming soon) on mine, and PA 2.1799 with Faux kernel and my Buttery Goodness recipe on my brother's.

Updates to all my threads coming in the next 24 to 48 hours :)

Upvote 0
I'll be doing a couple of threads, soon (something of a series), both here and on XDA:

'Getting the Most out of Your Nexus 7: A Buttery Goodness Recipe'

and

'Getting the Most out of Your Nexus 7: Maximizing Your ParanoidAndroid Experience'

The first will focus on my Buttery Goodness recipe, and will go in depth into how and why each tweak works as it does, as well as provide loads of examples on different ways to implement them, while the second will delve deep into ParanoidAndroid and the Hybrid Engine, explaining the ins-and-outs of the system, and detailing how to get the most from it.

As you can see, I'm very into the ParanoidAndroid CM10-based ROM. I've never seen anything like it. It's hands-down the best and most versatile ROM I've ever used on any device, and -- if you haven't already -- I highly suggest you check it out :)

Reactions: AntimonyER
Upvote 0
Jay, you've been much help. Can't wait to see what's next. Wonder if you might know offhand if open SSL is part of android natively or do I need to look at implementing myself. Some ambiguity on things I've read. At least not clear to me.

Rootbrain

Sorry, man, but I've no idea. It's not really something I've messed with.
What's next is a major update to what I've got out there already, a good deal of links and info, and maybe some effort towards populating the ATR sticky some more :)
Thanks for the compliment, I help where and when I can

Upvote 0
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!

I was sorta on hiatus/sorta really busy with a couple of projects on XDA, but now I'm back!

We've got 2 n7's in the house, now. My 16GB and my brother's 8GB. Currently running ParanoidAndroid 2.2 (4.1.2 CM base) with a pre-release _motley's kernel built from 4.1.2 source (coming soon) and a revised to 4.1.2 version of my Buttery Goodness recipe (also coming soon) on mine, and PA 2.1799 with Faux kernel and my Buttery Goodness recipe on my brother's.

Updates to all my threads coming in the next 24 to 48 hours :)

can i get a copy of that 4.1.2 motley kernel!?!?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones