1. Good things coming in just a couple hours, stay tuned!
    Dismiss Notice

nexus 7 won't charge or start upTips

Last Updated:

1. foxace69

foxace69 New Member

Hi. This is my first time on a forum and I'm hoping to help non techs like me find a straight answers to one big question where the nexus 7 (2012) is letting its self down. Not charging and starting up.

I know pretty much nothing like most people out there but I do have a wish to spend as little as I can fixing mine and my kids tech stuff. So I thought I would put it out there in basic terms for people like me, cos some of the forums I have read about this problem only answers it in bits. Having put all those bits together, in simple terms here it is.....

If your nexus 7 (2012) won't charge purchase an Asus docking station so you can see if the tablet will accept a charge. I'm saying this cos the first one I had needed a new mother board so replacing the micro USB port wouldn't have made a difference, it would have been expensive but luckyly we still had warranty cover.

Secondly if your nexus 7 (2012) will charge with the docking station, then you can go ahead and replace the micro USB port so you can still transfer data too and from you tablet. They are about

Advertisement
    funkylogik likes this.
  2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

Thanks mate.
    I'm wondering, instead of buying a dock, does anyone know how those lil "pogo" contacts are layed out? (So we could just strip an old charger cable and put the wires on the contacts to test it)