Nexus 7 wont turn onSupport

Last Updated: 2013-02-19 21:41:33
  1. tuukka87

tuukka87 Active Member

Charged my nexus 7 overnight, unplugged it this morning and it wont turn on. Tried plugging it back in and nothing. It's two months old. Any help or solutions ?
    Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Muqtar

Muqtar Well-Known Member

I have noticed that mine takes approximately 10 seconds of holding the power button down before it will come on.

Are you giving it enough time?
  3. Leonhan

Leonhan Member

Just hold the power button for 3 seconds then release, then wait 10-15 seconds for it to boot. That's what I do.
  4. PoPo Is Legit

PoPo Is Legit Member

I havent had this issue, try turning it on while charging. Also remove the battery and then insert it back in. Be Careful If you try this.
  5. Duncs

Duncs Well-Known Member

I have had to hold the power button on for about 30 secs to power up before, from memory just after running the battery very flat, luckily its only happened a couple of times.
  6. Sir Narwhal

Sir Narwhal Member

Just hold it for about 3 seconds and then wait for it to boot up. If that doesn't work, bring it to an electronic expert they can most likely fix it. If they can't, I dont know
  7. Internaut

Internaut Well-Known Member

On a couple of occasions, I've had my Nexus go blank on me and not respond to anything. As above, holding the power button for ten seconds worked. Alternatively, perhaps I only really needed to hold the botton for 2-3 seconds (also as above :))
  8. AngryHatter

AngryHatter Well-Known Member

Deep sleep mode - 15-30 seconds of power button.
  9. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

first try... hold the power button for up to 30 sec

2nd ... charge it for a over 1 hour.. and then try first step again.

3rd... i have read where the battery cable inside gets loose. you can take of the back cover and check to make sure the power connector is on tight. search on youtube to how to open the back (not hard). then try 2nd and first steps again.
  10. ryem84

ryem84 Well-Known Member

i never turn my off when charging is this a problem? should i start doing this?
  11. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

should not be an issue....

if you are NOT going to use it for many days... charge to full.. then turn off.
    remember to top off every month...(charge it for 30 mins or so)

you dont want to leave a battery at extreme low (dead) charge for extended periods.
  12. Internaut

Internaut Well-Known Member

I think it's healthy to do a power cycle, perhaps once a week but you shouldn't normally need to switch a Nexus 7 off when it's charging.
  13. lucky013

lucky013 Well-Known Member

Like suggested. Deep sleep mode takes a good twenty to thirty seconds of holding the power button down to wake the unit.
  14. funktownhero

funktownhero New Member