NEXUS 7's poorly treated at stores.General

1. Saiyan_Prince

Saiyan_Prince Well-Known Member

Went to about 10 different stores hoping to play with a N7. Only 3 had it. One with no internet connection and no movies on it to test out. One had Transformers that wouldn't load. And one at GameStop that didn't even have n account logged in. How am I or anybody supposed to buy it if we can't even test it out? But I ended up getting one anyways. And is it just me or are the text online blurry when not zoomed in? Google books looked fine. But when I'm web browsing texts are horrible. And colors seemed washed out compared to my GNEX.

Advertisement
  2. javasirc

javasirc Well-Known Member

The Staples in my home town had a functional Nexus 7 with fast internet. I tried a16GB model, but bought the 32GB when it was released.

The text online is most likely related to your browser. I use Boat and have no problems.
  3. Saiyan_Prince

Saiyan_Prince Well-Known Member

U would think the default chrome browser would be the best
  4. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ Guide

And due to its not supporting ANY plugins, you'd be wrong... :p
  5. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

IMHO. They really should have at least left the AOSP browser in there in the app drawer, even if not default. I really love the AOSP browser's quick controls.
  6. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

I liked the AOSP browser's quick controls, too, but I still think Chrome is the best browsing experience on the N7.

In regards to the OP's experience with abused tablets, that's certainly not specific to the N7 or Android tablets. The local Best Buy's tablets were all perfect, in great working order. But the local Staples tablets look like they've been sent through a tumble dry with a handful of gravel, and they function about as well as they look. A third of them won't turn on, some are stuck at weird error screens... it's really a great buying experience, let me tell you.

I've yet to walk into a car dealership who tried to give you a test drive in a vehicle with a broken transmission...
  7. carracerz14

carracerz14 Well-Known Member

I beg to differ. I can't stand chrome. I use Firefox for flash support and it works flawlessly. Something chrome doesn't support for whatever reason
  8. steveu694

steveu694 Well-Known Member

Yes, the colors are poor on this tablet. Especially compared to my s3.
  9. Voynix

Voynix Member

There's obviously more profit to be had with Apple products. In PC World they had a special section with modern fittings and six ipads set up for customers to play with. The Nexus was stuck beside the Playbook, Samsung and others, with no real effort to make them appealing. It's like they're the cheapo option for customers who can't afford Apple.
  10. blahblahyoutoo

blahblahyoutoo Well-Known Member

lol, chrome is the worst.
    AOSP ftw!
  11. homey

homey Well-Known Member

You're all wrong. Dolphin with Jet pack is fantastically smooth and full of features. Best browser... Ever. :)
  12. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Well-Known Member

That's your opinion, I happen to use it all the time. Syncing your bookmarks and other devices simply can't be beat.