• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nexus 9 Battery Discussion

I try to not let a device get below 15%. When I charge I let my devices charge to full before I take them off the charger. Just my OCD but I really do think it helps tremendously. Lithium batteries have come a long way. So many different posts tell you so many different opinions on this topic, makes it tough to decide what's fact & what's just old info from the time of alkaline batteries.

Upvote 0
I try to not let a device get below 15%. When I charge I let my devices charge to full before I take them off the charger. Just my OCD but I really do think it helps tremendously. Lithium batteries have come a long way. So many different posts tell you so many different opinions on this topic, makes it tough to decide what's fact & what's just old info from the time of alkaline batteries.
Yes, this is my problem (too many options). I have always thought that charging the battery once it hits 30% until full and then charging it overnight was a good method. However, I just want my battery to last as long as possible. Lol
Thanks for your opinion, I believe our charging method's are similar.

Reactions: systemofadown
Upvote 0
I'm no battery expert and don't pretend to be. All devices I have ever had going back to my Palm TX are put on a charger while I sleep each night whether they need it or not. I have never worried about whether I should let them drain more before charging or about leaving them on the charger when they are full (because I'm asleep). And sometimes I top off during the day if it's easy. I have always gotten good mileage out of my batteries doing this (My Nexus One was going strong at the end of 3 years, my Nexus 7 2012 at two years is also doing great). I don't take lots of stats about my battery life and am really not very analytical about it at all.

I have no idea if what I do is recommended, but it works great for me and requires very little keeping track of things or thinking on my part. ;) YMMV

Upvote 0
I'm no battery expert and don't pretend to be. All devices I have ever had going back to my Palm TX are put on a charger while I sleep each night whether they need it or not. I have never worried about whether I should let them drain more before charging or about leaving them on the charger when they are full (because I'm asleep). And sometimes I top off during the day if it's easy. I have always gotten good mileage out of my batteries doing this (My Nexus One was going strong at the end of 3 years, my Nexus 7 2012 at two years is also doing great). I don't take lots of stats about my battery life and am really not very analytical about it at all.

I have no idea if what I do is recommended, but it works great for me and requires very little keeping track of things or thinking on my part. ;) YMMV

Pretty much the exact same method I employ, I just charge when I need to and don't worry about it. Charge nightly while asleep.

Upvote 0
Hi,

I just wanted to post this to see what other people are getting from their battery life. Recently something changed in the battery screen that I found a bit odd. Normally when I've left the tablet to idle for a few hours the battery screen would say I had approx. 6 days left and usually around 15 hrs when using it normally, but recently I noticed it changed. I'm now getting around the usual 15 hrs but leaving the tablet alone for a while only brings it up to 1 day, but it still seems like it's going to last longer.

Screenshot_2015-07-12-02-28-14.png

So I wanted to know what approx. time everyone else gets when using the tablet and letting it idle

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones