Nexus Cases/HolstersTips

1. Tallmike00

Tallmike00 Active Member

Anyone got a suggestion for a good case and holster? I had purchased a combination case and holster from a kiosk in a local mall and just yesterday snagged the case while it was holstered at my side and the clamp broke off. It can still be used as a protective case but I can no longer clip it on my belt. Does the Otterbox commuter come with a holster with a clamp? Thank you ahead of time for responses.

Mike

Advertisement
  2. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

3. Gekko

Gekko Well-Known Member

4. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

Where's the "unlike" button? :D
  5. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

Otterbox defender has belt clip.

I like it. A bit bulky but protects everything
  6. kinfolk248

kinfolk248 Well-Known Member

I would like a bumper case...keep me from painting the phone... ;-)
  7. Tallmike00

Tallmike00 Active Member

OK, thanks to all for the suggestions. I have been fishing all week, prefishing ahead of tomorrow's tournament, so I haven't had time until today (rotten weather) to respond. I read some bad reviews about the Otterbox Defender regarding the Nexus phone, but only the Nexus. Seems the phone can move inside and cause some scratches. I really like a belt clip because if/when I wear a polo type shirt, there is no pocket. It's a minor quandary. I was leaning toward Otterbox commuter. Not quite as rugged as the defender, but a decent case and belt clip nonetheless. Any alternative suggestions?
  8. brainman1000

brainman1000 Member

Otterbox Commuter. I got mine on ebay for $15.
  9. justanotherguy

justanotherguy Well-Known Member

I have a case mate tough case, silicone inner, something fairly hard outer..Not polycarbonate...
    Its been working well for me, two layers, but too much bulk....
    Can be picked up for $15 shipped on ebay if you watch
    Tony
  10. sweeper

sweeper Member

they have some pretty nice combos. i use one and haven't had any problems. less bulky than otterbox
  11. jonny772

jonny772 Well-Known Member

Seidio rugged case. It's got an outer shell you can take off if you don't need the protection but still leave you with a thinner inside case
  12. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

Casemate Pop. Love mine.
  13. justanotherguy

justanotherguy Well-Known Member

There is an ebay seller BIN'ing the CaseMate Tough Case for $11, shipped...
    In his store. also is selling (5) for $35 shipped. FYI
  14. KillerQ97

KillerQ97 Well-Known Member

Since I use the monster 3800 mAh extended battery, I am only able to use the Seidio belt clip/holster. Even though they replace them for free, I have gone through 3 of them, it's getting annoying. Does anybody know of a similar open face belt clip holster that will work with an extended battery?
  15. droidobsessed

droidobsessed Well-Known Member

Definitely don't get the otterbox defender series. I went through 2 of those and the clips always broke. My husband and I both owned them and 4 cases later. I gave up and moved on.
  16. buraian

buraian New Member

Okay, I really think I saw pictures somewhere of a Case-mate Tough Case in a holster made by some other manufacturer, maybe Seidio. But now that I'm getting ready to buy the GNex, I can't find them!

Does anyone know of a holster that will fit the Tough Case? I consider a phone of this size to be unpocketable, so a holster is a must. And I'd like a case that can accommodate the OEM extended battery, like the Tough.

Cheers,
    -Brian*