Nexus is BACK?!General

1. Hook

Hook Ever since DU... ;-) VIP Member

Congratulations, folks who are finally getting them. Honestly, my Nexus 7 has spoiled me. I can't go back to a small screen. ;)
  2. tmicrd68

tmicrd68 Well-Known Member

Maybe the JB 4.2.2 OTA will get pushed out soon!
    Anybody who ordered from this re-stock, please post screenshots of your android version from phone info (recent shipments to Brazil supposedly had the upgrade to JB 4.2.2) when you recieve. Also, in bootloader mode you can check to see which hardware rev. is being shipped this time (possibly rev 12).
  3. hstroph

hstroph Well-Known Member

price + tax.rate*price = total
    tax.rate*price = total - price
    tax.rate = (total-price)/price
    tax.rate = $(380-349)/$349
    tax.rate = 8.9% (0.0888)

Not bad for a bunch of old farts, excluding shipping. :)
  4. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Well-Known Member

Congrats those who have managed to pick one up! Let's see if the rumoured UK stock turns up today ..
  5. desarenezitic

desarenezitic Well-Known Member

UK stock went live at 3 as predicted, got my father in law one! His first Android device, Nexus may be overkill for him :D
  6. NickTB

NickTB Member

Just bought mine. Now to sell the S3!
  7. srome

srome Member

Just bought nexus 4 16gb and bumper from play store uk. :D
    Quotes ship date 13th feb.
  8. davewood44

davewood44 Well-Known Member

Ditto! :D
  9. MCMikey

MCMikey Member

Yeah, just got an order in, think I may be visiting this sub forum often in a few weeks :)
  10. Skyroket

Skyroket Well-Known Member

i don't want wait for the shipping. Craigslist sellers still sell them for $450
  11. tuukka87

tuukka87 Active Member

there goes my re-sale value :(
  12. Sylon

Sylon Well-Known Member

Just placed my order, didn't want to risk it selling out again. I'll be coming from an iPhone 4S so this will be interesting. I've had a Nexus 7 for awhile now, so I won't be flying completely blind once I get it. Hopefully the shipping is as fast as some people have experienced.

Any initial things I'll need to do once I get it? Specifically in regards to my SIM and my AT&T account? I'm on the old unlimited iPhone plan, so I'm guessing I'll have to change it, right?
  13. NeXuS4

NeXuS4 Well-Known Member

Hopefully you won't have to but I have no experience with AT&T so I can't advice one way or another.

Alot of us would advice you to order a case from Amazon since your new phone has as much glass as your old one though.
  14. Sylon

Sylon Well-Known Member

Yeah I'll be looking at cases here soon. But I prefer naked phones. My iPhone 4S has been naked from the start with the exception of a few months while I was deployed (for obvious reasons). I took it off when I got back because it interfered with the cell signal.

I'll look into it though, thanks for the tip. How has the Nexus glass held up so far?
  15. NeXuS4

NeXuS4 Well-Known Member

The front is Gorilla Glass and it shows, the back is NOT Gorilla Glass and it shows...
  16. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up on this, guys: managed to persuade a colleague to buy a Nexus 4 when the UK stock was made available at 15:00 yesterday.

He was all ready to get an iP5 - I feel I did him a favour ..
  17. john30308

john30308 Well-Known Member

Ordered Tuesday and just got my "It's shipped" notice! That was fast.
  18. kalaster

kalaster Well-Known Member

Wow, still in stock and no sign of change on the shipping time, think Google finally caught up with demand!
  19. big_mike

big_mike Well-Known Member

my status hasn't changed since i ordered at 8pm last night..

is that normal?
  20. Sylon

Sylon Well-Known Member

I ordered yesterday afternoon and received the shipped email early this morning. Hopefully it won't take long to get here.
  21. ooberandy

ooberandy Well-Known Member

I ordered yesterday also. Hopefully us in the UK can benefit from early shipping also :D
  22. t147

t147 Active Member

Same here - ordered yesterday (in UK) so hoping to get shipping notification soon. Any ideas where it will actually be shipping from? I'm assuming the UK designated stock is already over here, or is that naivety on my part??!
  23. mundane24

mundane24 Well-Known Member

wow! that was quick!!!!

Order date: Jan 29, 2013 1:26:54 PM PST
    Delivered 01/31/2013 9:43 A.M. (ups 2nd day air)

fresh off the box infos:
    android version 4.2
    build number JOP40C

system update 4.2.1 JB auto downloaded after like 5 minutes of turning on. just reporting in as i know some people we're curious if it shipped with 4.2.2.
  24. Sylon

Sylon Well-Known Member

Nice! I finally received some tracking info for my order. Originally, tracking shows my delivery date was scheduled for Monday, however now it's showing a "early delivery" date of tomorrow. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it arrives tomorrow, and before the AT&T store closes.