• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nexus keeps rebooting!

hey everyone,

I have had my nexus for just over 5 Months now and about two days ago it decided to reboot itself ocassionally on the begining day now it is a soon as i slide to unlock it reboots and just continuely does this!! I am so confused as I have not downloaded anything new on the device, so I have no idea what the cause of this is?

I have also noticed that the battery is being drained extremely faster then normal and I am unable to uninstall a couple of apps, when i go to uninstall it decides to reboot.

anybody have any ideas?

Welcome to AF flowerbubbles, although sorry to hear a broken phone is what brought you here. Have you tried a factory reset? See if you can back up your media, pics etc. to a computer, and then do a full factory reset, and see if this solves the problem. If not, then I agree with saywhatt, take it somewhere, or call Samsung service line. It's still under the manufacturer warranty, as long as you didn't drop it in water :D.

Upvote 0
Welcome to AF flowerbubbles, although sorry to hear a broken phone is what brought you here. Have you tried a factory reset? See if you can back up your media, pics etc. to a computer, and then do a full factory reset, and see if this solves the problem. If not, then I agree with saywhatt, take it somewhere, or call Samsung service line. It's still under the manufacturer warranty, as long as you didn't drop it in water :D.

I agree. Before you do that though, try doing a battery pull and rebooting. Also, you can try to wipe cache as well. Although I think a factory reset is probably your best option at this point.

Upvote 0
Used to happen to me before I rooted my phone. I know rooting is not for everyone but I haven't had a single reboot after rooting (one month). Hopefully it will be fixed on the next update. You should try a factory reset.

Same here. My phone would reboot almost every day. Rooting with the galaxy nexus toolkit took like 15 minutes and now my phone hasn't rebooted once and is much faster. Not to mention i can do wireless tethering. Im just mad that i waited 5 months.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones