• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus Line 2012

Upvote 0
it's a shame if they're going to release another new G Nex....i feel like most people are just now really getting acquainted to the one we have now. I won't be buying another Nexus device anytime soon.

I'll evaluate it once its out. Although I've found the signal strength "acceptable" on my GN, it is by no means good. If they get the fixed, I'd really be tempted depending on what the specs are...

Upvote 0
it's a shame if they're going to release another new G Nex....i feel like most people are just now really getting acquainted to the one we have now. I won't be buying another Nexus device anytime soon.

Google has released a new Nexus once a year for the last 3 years. Not sure why it'd be a shame, or an "if" :)

It's a pretty normal release cycle. Same as Apple's.

Upvote 0
Nexus Camera? While I think that's laughable, it's also a possibility...just not this year.

I'm speculating we'll see two phones, one with a removable battery and one without.

I'm sticking with my GNex for awhile, however my mind is set on a Motorola Nexus as my next phone.

Samsung Galaxy Camera looks great - I'll be getting one. What's laughable about it? I actually think that moving Android to other uses (like running camera software for example, which usually sucks) will be good for the whole ecosystem. A Nexus Camera? Why not. Now how about a Nexus Fridge that knows what it contains by NFC does the shopping when I run out of milk? That sort of thing has got to be the future of Android, and shows the flexibility of the OS and the uses it could be put to.

Upvote 0
Samsung Galaxy Camera looks great - I'll be getting one. What's laughable about it? I actually think that moving Android to other uses (like running camera software for example, which usually sucks) will be good for the whole ecosystem. A Nexus Camera? Why not. Now how about a Nexus Fridge that knows what it contains by NFC does the shopping when I run out of milk? That sort of thing has got to be the future of Android, and shows the flexibility of the OS and the uses it could be put to.

It's laughable because it's would be a bit odd seeing Google venture into that space this year. However I said it's possible (in the future) because Google might revamp Picasa and have better integration into Google Play. A Nexus Fridge? lol I can see core components of Android OS going into everyday devices, but I don't see an entire fridge being sold as a developer device.

Upvote 0
I think the current rumor is that there will be one nexus phone each from Sony, LG and Samsung. My guess is that Verizon doesn't get one this time but pretty much all the other providers do.

Seriously hoping verizon gets one or that the droid razr hd maxx gets its bootloader unlocked by the developing community.

There isn't much to upgrade on the gnex as it is though. They can'y upgrade the screen making it better than the GS3, they can't make battery bigger or better. Another carrier could make something new, but really the only things to change in the Gnex are the SoC, which would likely just be the S4 8960, as all other phones in the USA have had at least, and add a micro sd card slot if we are lucky. Other manufacturers might bring a new different take on the gnex though, and better signal reception would be nice, but samsung is clearly not capable of decent reception.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones