Nexus One 2.3.6 OTA Feedback

Last Updated:

1. mjdenham

mjdenham New Member

I just thought I would mention that I received a 2.3.6 OTA update for my Nexus One this morning.

I am happy we haven't been forgotten :)

2. odhinn

odhinn Well-Known Member

I never received the OTA for 2.3.5, but perhaps that explains it...
  3. outoffocus

outoffocus Well-Known Member

me 2. so what does it do?
  4. minibee041

minibee041 Active Member

Fell in love again with Nexus One this morning....downloaded and installed manual update and I can now rib my Samsung S2 friends whilst they wait. I have not seen one nexus one 'in the wild' in 18 months of owning it and I love how understated it is. Looking towards the Prime now though and installing manual updates has given me more confidence to strip it off its bloatware from vodacrap or whoever and return to stock!
  5. outoffocus

outoffocus Well-Known Member

installed the update and promptly dropped my phone and cracked the screen. aaaargh. :p
  6. jcmtyler

jcmtyler Well-Known Member

Got mine yesterday morning, haven't noticed any differences yet. Never got 2.3.5, stock on TMobile in Houston.
  7. phlojo

phlojo Well-Known Member

I got the update this morning as well. I looked it up a bit and apparently it's mostly a voice search bug fix.
  8. jcmtyler

One thing I've noticed since getting 2.3.6: first connection to a Bluetooth device, even one with which I had already paired, prompted me to allow or deny the connection. Anybody else notice this?
  9. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Nope. My Bluetooth paired just fine after the update.

I did have the phone lock up on me when going into Wifi settings after the update, but a battery-pull and reboot later, it's working fine.
  10. theartfullodger

theartfullodger Well-Known Member

Arrived this morning, all seems fine, can't see any differences except a little more memory has been eaten...
  11. lkorty

lkorty New Member

Yes, received update this morning and when it tried to pair with my car, it requested permission. It will get annoying really fast if that's how it will be.
  12. jcmtyler

It only seems to do it for the first connection to a device after updating. Hasn't happened for subsequent connections. More of a curiosity than anything else.
    lkorty likes this.
  13. Fatal Exception

Fatal Exception Well-Known Member

Got mine last night, it seems to have removed some apps. My file managers are both gone, so is Robot Unicorn Attack. I'm not sure what else.
  14. odhinn

odhinn Well-Known Member

Updated smoothly, and no obvious differences. This is SF bay area.

Does anyone know where there's a list of what's changed from 2.3.4 to 2.3.6?
  15. lunatic59

16. SMS Unread count app crashed after the update, so I uninstalled the app.

Otherwise, everything seems okay. No other issues.
  17. Just noticed another change! I opened my Gmail on my phone for the first time after the update, and it's allowing to me "Always Show Pictures" for certain senders, which is very nice for me. It also lets you do something about those priority labels, but I don't use them.
    phlojo and lunatic59 like this.
  18. lunatic59

Nice find. Hadn't noticed that.
  19. deel

deel Well-Known Member

no, the last update, 2.3.4 had the always show pics for gmail. i have stock tmobile n1.

it sucks if it takes up more memory b/c i'm running out of it.

i read on phandroid that the 2.3.6 update fixes something to do with voice, but takes away zoom abilities on the picture gallery
  20. Weird. I have stock T-Mobile Nexus One, and I was on 2.3.4 previously, and never had that option.

Also, I got the update last night, and I've noticed my battery is a bit better today. I'll continue to monitor.
  21. theartfullodger

theartfullodger Well-Known Member

Yeah, zoom on picture gallery gone. Weird downgrade, irritating but hardly "sod it I'm off to Windoze"
  22. Huh? I just went into my picture gallery and I was able to zoom in using the magnifying glass buttons in the bottom right.

What do you mean?
  23. aviator

aviator Active Member

I have a somewhat related question - I am prompted for a security code each time I connect with the Bluetooth in my car. Anyone know how to get the thing to "save" a code? I don't get this with any of my other Bluetooth devices. Annoying!
  24. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Well-Known Member Contributor

just got the update for my At&t phone this morning.
  25. Hook

Hook Ever since DU... ;-) VIP Member

Being on CM7, I won't get the update, but at this point I am so happy with my N1 that, given its age, I'm in "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" mode. I even used Titanium Backup to replace the new Market (which I didn't like) with the old one and froze the updater. ;)