Nexus one able to Browse web and Talk on the phone?Support

Last Updated:

1. kingdeeray

kingdeeray Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I have the nexus one with Froyo 2.2. I notice I am able to use the hotspot feature to download some small media and talk on the phone at the same time via bluetooth or regular headset, Is this a feature someone overlooked or is it just me?

Anyone else have experienced this before?

Advertisement
  2. Teknologic

Teknologic Well-Known Member

I don't think I really understand your problem. You can use this phone in all it's multitasking awesomeness and you think this is something that was overlooked?

3. Talderon

Talderon Well-Known Member

This is a feature common on all 3G GSM Networks. Voice and Data are separate.

The issue comes with CDMA (Verizon and Sprint (and affiliates)) where you cannot do Voice and Data at the same time.

The new Sprint 4G remedies this issue for their network, however, there is only 1 4G phone on the market, so this really isn't "fixed" for them either. :p:p

4. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

Woah man...are you complaining here? :rolleyes: I EXPECT that my phone be able to handle when I talk to someone while I surf or do anything on my phone. It's called a smart phone for a reason ;)

5. kingdeeray

kingdeeray Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Certainly not complaining, I'm ecstatic that I can talk and surf the web, but I'm just saying, When the IPhone 3gS was released, there were so many commercials blowing that feature out of proportion. I never once heard this feature mentioned on the nexus one

6. braddor

braddor Member

iPhones....pshh... dont talk about that here. The Nexus One was even able to beat the iPhone 4 overall in many reviews... :D

7. Teknologic

Teknologic Well-Known Member

Yeah, apple has a pretty 'agressive' marketing approach.
    Google doesn't.

Come to think of it, google has virtually no marketing while apple lately is pretty much all about marketing.

8. macprv

macprv Well-Known Member

That's because iPhone is magical and revolutionary ... nexus one is just a phone.. super phone...

9. RogerPodacter

RogerPodacter Well-Known Member

see you are falling for the hype as well. many other phones could talk and surf the web years before the iphone ever existed. so most people just knew about it. then iphone comes along and tries to make a big deal out of it. now you see why the iphone generates so much controversy.

10. snakeybidder

snakeybidder Well-Known Member

Used to do this on my Omnia i8910 ........ o, and iphone? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz