Nexus One and Sky Broadband problemsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Curnsie

Curnsie Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,
    Does anyone use Sky Broadband (UK) with Sagem router? If so do you have any WiFi connection issues with your Nexus One?

I get persistent and annoying Wifi connection problems with pages not loading etc. I've changed to a non Sky provided Netgear router and am currently testing to see if the problems persist.

This N1 is a replacement phone as my previous phone (HTC Legend) had the same issues. No other wifi device I have has problems with the Sky router...

Drew

Advertisement
  2. minibee041

minibee041 Active Member

No problems with my supplied Netgear router from Sky. It is 802.11(g) not n rated. Very rarely if ever had a problem. When I use my N1 upstairs on wifi sometimes only get one bar on the wifi icon I've heard that with froyo 2.2 it will uprate the wireless to n capabilities and various folk have mentioned an improvement in distance and strength of wifi connection with n rating.

3. Curnsie

Minibee041,
    Thanks. I replaced my Sky supplied Sagem router with my own Netgear router and things have definitely improved. Unfortunately my broadband slows down using this router. I hope froyo 2.2 will improve things. It seems to be a signal strength issue, the Sagems signal is not as strong.

Drew

4. Curnsie

I think I might have cracked it. After hours of searching the web and trying different security settings and channels etc on my router with no success, I came across a post by a guy who found that for him what worked was setting the wifi IP address on my nexus one to static and entering an address. Its worked for me. I no longer drop connection. My signal strength has also improved.

I was also slightly shocked at the number of people with nexus one's with similar wifi problems to mine on various routers and broadband services. I've never had this problem with any phone or laptop with my existing router.

I hope this helps someone.

Drew