• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus One Battery Life and Usage Profile

Hi Folks,

I'd like to know the opinions various Nexus users have about this phone's battery life and their usage profile. I'd appreciate if you can provide me the following information:

1/ How long does the battery charge last between charges?

2/ What is your approximate phone usage profile during a day?
(Eg. 2hrs of browsing over wifi, 1 hour of browsing over 3G, 1 hour of video playback, 2 hours of audio playback/streaming while browsing etc.)

3/ Other useful information (Eg. signal conditions - poor 2G/3G coverage around my office)

Please provide as much details as possible. I appreciate your response. Thank you!

Hi AndroidBatMan, I've moved your thread out of the N1 Root sub forum as your questions do not pertain to rooting.

After I've updated from 2.1 to 2.2, my battery life has gotten worst, I'm using a spare battery so conditioning it, so at the moment, I am unable to answer your questions on my post 2.2 battery life. There are people that have stated that battery life for them has drastically improved with 2.2.

2.1 Battery life:
Use: 4 hours of talk time will drain my battery to less then 10%
Use 4 hours of playing with my phone (screen is on) gave me around 24 hours of life
Use 4 hours of playing + 1 hr of talk time was around 18 hours.
Less than 3 hours of playing with my phone and I had over 30 hours of life.

I don't use 3G, so sync and GPS is off. I have my brightness on auto.

The big battery hog on the phone for me is Monitor, cell stanby or phone call. Everything else (setting wise) uses 5% of total battery.

You might want to read this http://androidforums.com/nexus-one/34103-battery-life.html tread, as this is discussed intensively there.

Hope that answers your question :)

Cheers,
-Roze-

Upvote 0
1/ How long does the battery charge last between charges?
The whole day, unplug the phone arround 8, and plug it back arround 11... i get a full charge in about 1-1/2 hour or so

2/ What is your approximate phone usage profile during a day?
(Eg. 2hrs of browsing over wifi, 1 hour of browsing over 3G, 1 hour of video playback, 2 hours of audio playback/streaming while browsing etc.)
-weatherbug app checking for weather every 4hours
-facebook every hour
-tweeter every hour
-talktime is about 30mins to 1 hour daily
-i do listen to 1 hour of music daily
-browsing.. 20-30 mins
-youtube.. 20-30 mins
-market browsing.. 20mins
-gaming.. 30 mins
and thats about it i think, gps and bluetooth are always off if not needed.

3/ Other useful information (Eg. signal conditions - poor 2G/3G coverage around my office)
phone signal at the office is from poor to bad, signal at the house its solid.. im on wifi at the house all day, and 3g/edge at the office.. light sensor is alway in outomatic, but leaving it at the lowest of the three options, gives you better baterry life (not recommended for outdoor usage though).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones