• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus One Case Recommendation?

People with cases to protect against dropping important things crack me up :p

If you have a kid are you going to insulate them with a protective case to protect your kid when you drop them as well? :rolleyes:

Just treat your N1 like you would your own child... Give it freedom to breath AND (most important) dont drop it ;)
Phones aren't self-healing though, and generally selling your kids on when a better model arrives is frowned upon.

Upvote 0
well I'm glad you guys enjoyed that :D

Rusty: let me know if the Red/Black combo comes with a darker red silicon skin, or if is still hot pink

Just an update: I called case mate for a return authorization and they were extremely friendly about it, and apologized profusely.

I like the way they do business. Both of my shipments were quick and without issue and their customer service seems top notch if you have a problem.

I almost went with the gray and black but I'm going to wait and see if they come out with more/better colors.

I'm not big on their choice of colors: the green is lime green, the blue is baby blue and now the red is hot pink.

They need to get some midnight blue, fire engine red and dark green, etc.... imo..maybe some yellow too

Upvote 0
I really liked this case. Its slim. It appears shiny on their website but its not that bad. In fact I would say its rather elegant and the haphazard squares on the back actually add a nice touch to the whole thing. Initially, I was skeptical despite all the good reviews at casemate but i am going to post a positive one myself.

The only problem is that it scrapes the edges of your screen protector. I am going to apply a new screen protector and use a paper cutter or one of those sharp knife tools to reduce the width of the protector by a mm on each side.

Upvote 0
I'd say it's more blancmange pink than hot pink now it's arrived :cool:

And just to clear up any confusion; I am a guy!
I figured which is why I was careful not to impugn your manhood with any backhanded comments :D

In the UK, pink for a guy might be alright ...but here in the US, it's just not done. I was at the gym and a chick had almost the same color skin as I. That was the last straw. :D

Glad you're happy with your new case mate. :)

Upvote 0
I'm having trouble finding any reviews, or suggestions from N1 users for a N1 case & screen protector.

I'm looking for something that will still allow my N1 to fit properly into my nexus one dock & car dock. Additionally, I'm always concerned about my N1 getting scratches while it's in my pocket, so take that into account also, please.

I'd prefer suggestions from those who actually are using the product they are suggesting. Thanks!

Upvote 0
Tough Case!

No chance of it fitting in a dock with it on, but that goes for just about anything other than the invisible shield type things.

Come on, who wouldn't want this piece of awesomeness:

toughcase.jpg

:D

Upvote 0
Tough Case!

No chance of it fitting in a dock with it on, but that goes for just about anything other than the invisible shield type things.

Come on, who wouldn't want this piece of awesomeness:

toughcase.jpg

:D

Whoa Rusty! lol And noone has question your masculinity when they see you with that :p lol. Great way to get attention and stand out ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones