Nexus one case - with lanyard???

Last Updated:

1. yakboy

yakboy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi there,

I did try posting this in this post..
    Does Nexus One have lanyard loop? - Android Forums
    ..but got no response so sorry but it's another case post!

I'm off on my hols very soon and I want to get a case for my N1 but specifically one with a lanyard. I'm going to go flying on a microlight and would love to take some photos and videos but I don't trust myself not to just drop the phone into the Jungle! Clumsy oaf.

I've had a good look around and can't find one, I don't really care how the case looks as I'll only be using it for the holiday.. saying that I don't like leather wallet ones so a rubbery wrap would be ideal!

I live in and buy from the UK generally so UK links are much appreciated.

Thanks people!

Advertisement
  2. Soupdragon

Soupdragon Well-Known Member

I have a case from dcmugen which would be described as a "rubbery wrap" , it's this one, I think
    BLACK Soft TPU Hard Case for HTC Google Nexus One N1 on eBay (end time 22-Mar-10 11:20:45 GMT)

and altho' it doesn't have a lanyard loop I guess you could thread one through the hole that's left for the usb connection at the bottom of the phone - it should be secure enough to stop your phone's skydiving tendencies.
    May be worth a speculative 3 quid if you don't find anything else.
    Service was great from DCmugen.

3. yakboy

cheers soupdragon, I had been wondering similar. How long was shipping from Hong Kong? I leave in less than a week!

thanks again.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

4. Soupdragon

Around a week I think, sorry can't remember for sure, but you might get lucky, fingers crossed

5. Who Cares?

Who Cares? Well-Known Member

Check out otterbox (waterproof section).

6. Soupdragon

This looks similar Silicone Case For Google Nexus One - White and claims next day delivery.

Back to the case I have (which actually doesn't come as far up the phone as the one above) I've just, in the interests of research (no, scratch that - because I'm daft and bored!), threaded my sunglasses cord thru the usb opening and whirled my precious nexus about :eek: - it seems very secure, I reckon you'd need a lot of force to get the phone out of the case - can't see it happening accidentallly.

7. yakboy

who cares? - thanks for the otterbox link, not quite what I'm looking for at the moment as can't be used in the case I imagine, would be awesome for sailors though.

soupdragon - cheers for testing, I found a very similar case on eBay shipping from stoke on Trent. My mate who works at carphone warehouse is going to find me a spare lanyard and I'll do the same as you.

thanks both for your help and responses.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk