Nexus One coming to europe - when?

Last Updated:

1. davix8

davix8 Member This Topic's Starter

I really wanted to ask if anyone knew when the nexus one will be available in europe other than UK.
    I live in italy and i know that it will come with vodafone but i just don't know when.

oh and side question (kind of noobish) does the monthly rate that you pay include phone calls and text messages or only 3G?

please forgive me if these questions have been answered, i couldn't find them.

edit* i'm also interested in a thing Neemo pointed out: i will buy my phone in italy and change its language to english from the settings, i would really like for the speech to text to be in english too. is that possible without rooting the phone or crap? or iwll it just recognize both italian and english directly :D?

Advertisement
  2. Neemo

Neemo Active Member

I'm interested in this as well. It'll probably come to Finland in the distant future (read: never). The biggest problem is probably getting the speech-to-text function working properly on several languages. Although I don't mind at all speaking english to it but then there's the warranty issue when buying from ebay etc.

Other than that, I don't understand why google doesn't offer it to other countries where people are practically ready to pay an arm and a leg for the N1. Especially here, where subsidised phones are still quite rare and people prefer to buy their handsets unlocked albeit the premium price.

3. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Dunno what tariffs are like in Italy, but in the UK you can get ones with or without data plans. Currently mine is without... need to change that soon

4. ares

ares Member

I live in The Netherlands myself and I believe the release is still 'Spring 2010'. So that can still be either early March or late May. Hopefully the carriers will provide us with some more info soon :/

5. davix8

err.. anyone knows anything precisley? like in particular vodafone prices and DATES!?

6. ares

ares Member

Nah mate nothing has been released (By vodafone). Rougly 20 days ago Vodafone said that they would announce more detailed information in a couple of of weeks. So i expect to hear something from them very soon!

7. davix8

hmm 20 - 14 = 6

those cheap bastards better move it! :mad:

8. FLT

FLT Well-Known Member

Well it's just how providers announce things "in a few weeks". I wouldn't expect it in Europe before April/May.

9. davix8

any news :D ? vodafone has ran out of time :rolleyes:

10. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Nothing at all I'm afraid.

11. davix8

i hear the new word around is ... April, at least thats what i read

shankii likes this.
  12. youngw

youngw New Member

I spoke to Vodafone today and they told me the N1 will be available at the end of this month (April). Contracts will be

shankii likes this.
  13. shankii

shankii Member