• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nexus One - Declaration of Conformity - need help!!!

grgacvarak

Lurker
Feb 3, 2010
I'm from Croatia and I'd like to import the Nexus One.

As the phone still hasn't been approved for use/import in/to Croatia I need the manufacturer's Declaration of Conformity in order to get the approval... (In the Declaration of Conformity the manufacturer declares that the product is in conformity with the essential requirements of the Directive 1999/5/EC of the European parliament and of the Council).

The saddest thing is that the Declaration of Conformity probably is somewhere inside the Nexus One box but It's no use for me because I can't get the box without the approval... (Croatian bureaucracy

It's usually somewhere in the user guide but I can't find it in the one I downloaded from Google... I guess it should be in the safety and regulatory booklet which comes in the box with the phone...

My old phone's Declaration of Conformity:

Hereby, NOKIA CORPORATION declares that this RM-343 product is in compliance with the essential requirements and other relevant provisions of Directive 1999/5/EC. A copy of the Declaration of Conformity can be found at http://www.nokia.com/phones/declaration_of_conformity/.

The booklet states on page 16 ,(just above the part that was in the piccy from Abom (quick heads up Abom - have a look at the bottom paragraph on page 3;)))

that "For regulatory identification purposes, your product is assigned a model number of PB99100" (Nowhere in the booklet does it mention Nexus.)
But the CE0682! and list of countries isn't til page 19 so I don't see how you'd be able to prove it had it's Declaration of Conformity from a scan/photo.
A google search pulls up that someone had similar probs importing a G1.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones