• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus One Dubai

Hi,

Sorry for the dumb question. I am currently holding out for an N1 on Verizon. I am planning a trip to Dubai later this year. A friend of mine told me that my Verizon phone will be worthless as soon as I leave the US. Will this be true once I get my hands on a VSW Nexus One?

Again, sorry if this is a dumb question.

Crap - I need to get a phone for work like right now. I just got another email telling me that I needed to get off the BB Server at my office (I am just one of three left who are still using it). I see that the Droid Incredible was just announced but it looks like that device is also going to be limited by the CDMA network. (I guess I will just have to use WiFi and Skype while I am overseas) - Good reason to be drunk instead of working. "Out of office reply: I am out of the country and will have limited access to phone and internet. Please leave me a message. I will check them when I sober. :)"

Upvote 0
Crap - I need to get a phone for work like right now. I just got another email telling me that I needed to get off the BB Server at my office (I am just one of three left who are still using it). I see that the Droid Incredible was just announced but it looks like that device is also going to be limited by the CDMA network. (I guess I will just have to use WiFi and Skype while I am overseas) - Good reason to be drunk instead of working. "Out of office reply: I am out of the country and will have limited access to phone and internet. Please leave me a message. I will check them when I sober. :)"

You could just get a cheap unlocked gsm phone for less than 40 bucks and use a local SIM; thats what I usually did when traveling out of the US with my iphone; although the unlocked Nexus allows me to pop in any other SIM now.

Do not use your VZ phone overseas though; some countries do support CDMA but the roaming charges are beyond crazy. I was in India and using my company wireless card and phone and let me tell you that bill was well over 2k for just a few days; not to mention service in india on almost any network is crap.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones