• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus One External Display

Does the Nexus One support an external display? I haven't found anything stating that it does, so I would assume not. However, is it possible to display the Nexus One's screen on a monitor when hooked up to a PC? I think I saw something about using the SDK to display a live screenshot, but I can't find it anymore. I'm going to be making a CarPC in the near future, and I was wondering if I could incorporate the Nexus One when Verizon finally releases it.

Thanks!

there isnt much technology at all for displaying the cell phone screen on a different display. did a few quick searches and found next to nothing. For the screen to even show up for screen shots, you have to have the sdk and java and whatever else (its not live either, it has to be refreshed in the sdk if something changes on your screen on the phone). not practical on a car pc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones