• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus One for Verizon Wireless Spring 2010

Sanjay said that DROID will get N1 software and the competition begins between Moto and HTC for building the best Android phone! Yay! I hope the 2.1 release is in the next couple of days as Rubin said. I want it on the DROID!

Competition is always good for end consumer... at the end you can choose the product that suits you best... I'm eligible for an upgrade in March (VZW), but will hold the Moto Droid purchase to see how the N1 performs really... ;)

Upvote 0
not at the price of 500 bucks, no thanks.. and my 30 day windows going to be up by then lol.. Spring 2010? So.. What's that, excatly? I'll just be glad when the Eris gets 2. whatever upgrade so we can get all the sweet stuff.. But will it take longer for us to get it because of Sense?

Upvote 0
not at the price of 500 bucks, no thanks.. and my 30 day windows going to be up by then lol.. Spring 2010? So.. What's that, excatly? I'll just be glad when the Eris gets 2. whatever upgrade so we can get all the sweet stuff.. But will it take longer for us to get it because of Sense?

If you have a phone to move back to for a hold over period it looks like this will outclass the Eris...I like HTC devices, but its true, the eris has old hardware...

Upvote 0
It's unfortunate all of us who bought the droid around the holidays got no word of the N1 coming to Verizon this quick, if at all. I am in the process of finding a buyer for my Droid so I can update to the N1 soon.

From watching the press conference, it seems that the hold up is merely incorporating verizon's checkout/billing/member services into the google phone web store. So I'd expect it sooner rather then later.

Upvote 0
Based on the press conference, it looks like VZW coverage will look like an unlocked phone at the full $530 and buying a plan separately, but no subsidy for the phone.

Except the website says "The Nexus One Phone with Verizon Wireless service.". If the phone is coming with Verizon service it wont be sold as an unlocked phone. It would also be hard to make the argument the N1 is $330 better then the Droid.
Though I was hoping for a full Sense HTC phone as the N1 has Sense lite. They better not try to bust out the same draconian plan limitations like they did for Tmobile.

Upvote 0
yes!
i just read over at engadget.com that verzion wireless is getting the nexus one.
i love my droid that i got for xmas but i need a sleeker sexier and faster phone. and the nexus is rite up my alley.
i don't need the hardware keyboard cuz i don't play games on it and i barely use it to text.

omg i can't wait til the nexus comes to big red.
looks like at&t and the iphone's days are over.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure I like the google store integration. My contract isn't up for 18 months. My daughters line is due for an upgrade in April. Going through the Google store I am SOL as far as being able to finagle the account to use her upgrade on my line. Something I have commonly done in the past, though having a teenage daughter she is the one who always ends up using my upgrade :) From a customer service aspect the online store is going to stink. The mom and pop local non verizon owned store will always bend over backward to make a sale happen. This hurts them, which is too bad.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones