• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus One for Verizon Wireless Spring 2010

I wont be dropping my droid for the nexus one what ill be doing is adding another line buying the phone for 200 and just add it to my fam plan and just pay 30 for the data plan :) i like the physical keyboard to much to give it up but i really want and like the nexus one. as long as Verizon doesn't do something dumb like the t mobile plan its bs :)

Upvote 0
Great now all the Verizon fanboys can quit their bitching! yay
Whoa, whoa, you need to calm down. This is good news because T-Mobile's coverage is terrible.

On a side note I hope the Verizon's model is a World Phone... Hell I hope there is a new version with a physical keyboard. Not a fan of the iPhone's virtual keyboard.

Upvote 0
Whoa, whoa, you need to calm down. This is good news because T-Mobile's coverage is terrible.

Oh I am calm lol, just a little distraught on the whole "upgrade" methods they are giving us. I hope you Verizon users don't get the shaft like us exsisting T-Mobile users.

P.S. T-Mobile's coverage is perfectly fine for me in my area ;) Only cellular providers to get signal in my house is T-Mobile and Verizon :)

Upvote 0

On a side note I hope the Verizon's model is a World Phone... Hell I hope there is a new version with a physical keyboard. Not a fan of the iPhone's virtual keyboard.

Where do you live? On Pluto? Stop with the saying "blaaah tmbobile suckss compared to my big redddd."

I kinda wish it wasn't coming to verizon cause you people have the droid anyway and don't "need a keyboard" and dont "care for a trackball" and "it isnt that much faster" I bet if you weren't past your droid return date, you'd jump for one too.

lolol

Upvote 0
I too was hoping for the full sense experience, but the more that I think about it it isn't that I want sense as bad as I want HTC soft keyboards. I am not a big fan of the stock android soft keyboards in both portrait and landscape, but I love HTC's soft keyboards. If only the N1 would have the HTC keyboards...

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I too was hoping for the full sense experience, but the more that I think about it it isn't that I want sense as bad as I want HTC soft keyboards. I am not a big fan of the stock android soft keyboards in both portrait and landscape, but I love HTC's soft keyboards. If only the N1 would have the HTC keyboards...

I'm sure there's some way you could have them without the whole Sense package.

Upvote 0
Oh I am calm lol, just a little distraught on the whole "upgrade" methods they are giving us. I hope you Verizon users don't get the shaft like us exsisting T-Mobile users.

P.S. T-Mobile's coverage is perfectly fine for me in my area ;) Only cellular providers to get signal in my house is T-Mobile and Verizon :)

Yeah the "options" are pretty much crap for Tmobile. $530 simply because you're on a family plan? Who the hell thought that crap up? I'm hoping Verizon comes out with a "yeah, no we're not going to do it that way" and at least offers a family plan option.

Upvote 0
I'm sure there's some way you could have them without the whole Sense package.

I would have pulled the trigger on the droid if it weren't for poor physical keyboard as well as weak soft keyboards. I know there are keyboard apps, but they all have their flaws, and none compare to the HTC soft keyboard. I hope you're right because ditching my phone that I have had for over three years for a new phone is not going to be easy at all, especially because the capabilities of a smartphone involve more heavy keyboard use (I.e. Email on top of texting).

Upvote 0
Where do you live? On Pluto? Stop with the saying "blaaah tmbobile suckss compared to my big redddd."

I kinda wish it wasn't coming to verizon cause you people have the droid anyway and don't "need a keyboard" and dont "care for a trackball" and "it isnt that much faster" I bet if you weren't past your droid return date, you'd jump for one too.

lolol
I live in California, East Bay. T-Mobile is like the border between the "bottom of the barrel" and "average" here. Right above Metro PCS and better than Virgin Mobile. Just terrible coverage.

It's too cold to live in Pluto anyhow, and the trip there would leave me old, gray, and well... dead.

I think I read somewhere it WOULD NOT be a dual CDMA/GSM phone, so sorry. I'd reference the source, but I read soooo much about the release yesterday, I can't find it.
Ah... Damn. My cousins and I were planning to go to an Asian country together sometime this year.

Upvote 0
You wanna buy a $500 phone and u don't even text or even play an occasional game? :eek:

Originally Posted by droid92
yes!
i just read over at engadget.com that verzion wireless is getting the nexus one.
i love my droid that i got for xmas but i need a sleeker sexier and faster phone. and the nexus is rite up my alley.
i don't need the hardware keyboard cuz i don't play games on it and i barely use it to text.

omg i can't wait til the nexus comes to big red.
looks like at&t and the iphone's days are over.

I'm pretty sure droid92 means that he doesn't play that many games and doesn't use the physical keyboard as much as the virtual keyboard to type text messages thus rendering the qwerty keyboard unnecessary.

Upvote 0

lolol

I will continue to say "blaaah TMobile (I bet tmbobile sucks too) sucks compared to my big redddd." as long as it does. Out here in Washington, DC it is only slightly better than AT&T. The main reason it sucks is that you sometimes get your texts and voicemails HOURS after they have been left. I would love to pay Tmobile's prices and get halfway decent service.

When it comes to Verizon, I'll check it out. I might wait even then. I don't need an android phone, I want one. I don't mind waiting until something that works as well as my network comes along. We'll see how well the N1 does.

Upvote 0
Whew! Too many posts to remember them all.

A couple of thoughts, from someone who uses all of these phones daily:

* If you have an Eris, you're going to keep on loving it, unless you MUST have the fastest pocket-rocket on the planet. Then you'll want to update.

* ATT announced today they'll have several Android phones soon, including some from HTC. You can bet they'll have a Nexus-class device.

* I've pitted the Droid against the Nexus for speed. In almost all cases, you can't see a difference. In a few cases, the Nexus wins, but if you have a Droid, you have a top contender and needn't worry about the Nexus. The Nexus screen is brighter (AMOLED), but personally, I prefer the Droid's look, and it still has that 54 pixels advantage :)

* The Nexus is the thinnest thing on the planet, but since all phones are in the 1/2 inch range, I can't imagine why it matters.

SoftwareForMe.com
Makers of PhoneMyPC
& Imagine Multi-touch

Upvote 0
Thx for the post Banned:

Any more comparisons are greatly appreciated by others in my shoes!!

I just started a new Verizon acct w/ a Droid and my options are either to drop the acct in a couple of weeks and wait for the N1 to come on to VZN, or stay with the Droid.

After the initial comparisons, it looks like to me that there will not be a huge diff between the Droid vs. Nexus One. as far as processor power goes.

Also, it has been rumored, then taken aback that upon the Verizon 2.1 update, we will be able to save apps to the SD card instead of forced to the internal? Anyone heard about this?

I live in a rural area, and still get GREAT 3G coverage with Verizon. No way will I be using any other provider. Verizon is smokin' fast.

My biggest beef with the Droid is it's camera. I've read that this is a software issue though. I hope the 2.1 update will come soon and will fix the cam issues ;\

Anyone know of when the Verizon Droid will get 2.1?

Other than that, I am pleased as all get out. The Droid is simply amazing, and actually, I kinda prefer it's heavy/chunky, manly-man style, lol!

Fpr all you guys: you might want to try out the beta of "Swype " for the fun of it: seems like a promising new addition for touch texters.

Artis

[Removed by MOD]
http://www.badazzbikes.com

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones