Nexus One getting Pinch Zoom

Last Updated:

1. mazz0310

mazz0310 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Nexus One getting an update to include pinch to zoom? Will we be getting it eventually ?:D

Google Nexus One Over-the-Air Software Updates Available Now - Google nexus one update - Gizmodo
    updates-available-now

Can't wait til someone ports over the new gallery :)

Full Details of Update:

Advertisement
  2. tangomango

tangomango Well-Known Member

I think pinch zoom exists with Dolphin browser?

3. mazz0310

Yes it does, but I still like the default browser better, plus it'll be nice to have in google maps as well.

4. bobbyjason

bobbyjason Active Member

This is all great..

I have Dolphin browser installed on my Nexus One - which supports the multi touch already.

I know Over The Air is meant to be automatic; but is there a way to force the update?

Cheers

Bobby

5. mazz0310

Hm, not that I know of, when we got one for the Droid we had to wait until someone leaked the update.zip.

6. bobbyjason

bobbyjason Active Member

Ah right :/

Well i just went to system update and it said everything was up to date.

Then again; I wonder if OTA works in the UK given its not offcially released yet!

7. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

8. mazz0310

You're using the milestone gallery? The pinch zoom in it is nice, but I like the 2.1 gallery better.

9. magnus

magnus Well-Known Member

This is awesome!!!!! I'm really excited about the maps functionality!!!!!

10. magnus

magnus Well-Known Member

+1
    yeah 2.1 gallery is better than Milestone IMHO

11. jb1

jb1 Member

this is what i was worried about with being a droid owner when the nexus was released.. That updates and improvements would released so quickly to nexus before the droid since its coming straight from google rather than having to go through motorola. this is upsetting to me..possible nexus switch once it hits verizon..

12. mazz0310

Yeah I agree with you. If Nexus has 2.1 I don't see why we shouldn't, other than sales.

13. Timaphillips

Timaphillips Well-Known Member

Droid is a "Google phone," too. But it's irritating to see Nexus get multi-touch and everything else 2.1-ish before us. Just update us already, Google!!!

I'm going to have to root soon.

14. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

I thought the whole point of the Droid being labeled as a "Google Experience" phone was that we'd get the updates as soon as they were released because the companies wouldn't be messing around with it. :confused:

15. ubergray

ubergray New Member

If you read the article, you should note that the update is adding pinch to zoom to MAPS.

16. jb1

jb1 Member

its also adding it to gallery and browser..watch the video on engadget

17. pachik

pachik Member

I don't understand... there are farrrrrrr more droids out there than nexus ones.. why are we being left out like this.. this isn't google like.. we better get some sick updates :confused:

18. athflying

athflying Well-Known Member

You are going to switch phones just because it is updated "faster"?? I can't imagine it being much longer before the update is released for the Droid....as far as I know, it's not Google's fault, but Motorola and Verizon have to work out the kinks once they recieve the update from Google....just think it's funny you would base your decision on a phone based on that sole factor.

19. gthrift

gthrift Guest

It's also adding night mode to Navigation. Motorola, Verizon and especially Google need to get their shit together and stop fragmenting the market. This is my biggest problem with Android vs iPhone. If the 3Gs gets and update then so does the 3G, the original, and the 3 iPod Touch models.

20. jb1

jb1 Member

its a pretty good reason to switch phones..instead of being left in the dark on updates, getting the newest and best software immediately, so that that when we finally get 2.1, 2.2 is already being talked about..exactly what gthrift said about the iphone..when an update comes out..ALL the phones get it at once.. thats how it should be

21. athflying

Google just makes the OS and puts it out there, so not really their fault if manfucturers and carriers aren't updating their hardware. The whole point of Android is to have a fragmented market...there is or hopefully will be something out there that appeals to everyone....vs. the iPhone one size fits all. Who cares if their whole lineup gets updated at one time...the hardware and software is still a crippled POS.

Everyone needs to take a deep breath and relax. The update will come soon enough. It's not like it's going to revolutionize how you use your phone.

22. athflying

Well if that's how you feel, you will be switching phones quite often. There is always something newer and better on the horizon.

23. AdamPS

AdamPS New Member

Um.....relax? The update was literally JUST announced. It is barely even live yet and people are already ready to switch phones because it might be exclusive to the Nexus for a very small sliver of time? I love my Droid but this is hardly a life or death situation here.

24. gnowak2

gnowak2 Active Member

Nexus got an overnight update and got multi touch and improved maps. Are we next?

25. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Well-Known Member

I friggin hope so. This is a load of BS but now i guess we know how it feels (remember when we got our sweet quick 2.0.1 update before anyone else got move to 2.0?)