• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus One - great memories

I bought my N1 on opening day, and have loved it ever since. The Nexus One was my first smartphone, and it opened a new world to me.

I found it to be a rugged phone that survived moderate abuse and to its retirement today was still a better phone than most of the newer phones out there.

I hope that my new gsm Galaxy Nexus on T-mobile will serve me as well.

I used these forums often, both to solve problems and to discover new ways to use my Nexus One. I greatly appreciate all the effort of the learned folks that contribute on a regular basis.

Thank you...to the community and to Google and HTC.

Must...not...cry.
I have been clinging to my nexus since day one as well. It's survived being in water for 5 seconds. And except for the time, it was COMPLETELY fine the next morning. Amazing. I mean this thing is beat to hell though. I've dropped it so many times. The camera lense is completely gone.
However, my usb isn't working anymore it seems, and I can't get my usual rom up and running so I'm on cyanogenmod. And to my disappointment, it seems like it has neared its end and won't last much longer...which makes me really sad because the new phones just don't seem to trumph it for the most part. Still, it will always remain in my heart and I plan on displaying it proudly for the rest of my life because it was that important to me. If my house was flooding and only had time to grab one phone...I'd probably grab my nexus. :)
I almost am getting emotional over this because of how important this phone has been to me in my life and everything I've accomplished with it. It's actually pretty hard to let go. Relationships, my growth as a musician, being a student, friendship. It's basically been the corner-stone of my life. Sad to have to let it go. It's just that it isn't going to hold up much longer.
Anyways RIP "Nexi" Maybe someday, a new nexus will dawn that will deserve the title of your name. Until then, you rest in my heart.
Also: I think mods should sticky this thread.

Upvote 0
I guess I'll jump on the sentimental bandwagon as well...I bought my Nexus One shortly after it was introduced and it introduced me to the world of smart phones as well. It has been much more than a phone - it is my navigator, music player, alarm clock...it even monitors the health of my car with an app called Torque. I managed to crack the screen once and I have to admit that I was impressed with HTC's repair process.

I've watched many new phones roll out over the past couple of years, but I haven't even been tempted to replace my Nexus. Unfortunately, she's starting to show her age lately with lock-ups and random reboots becoming more and more frequent. I suspect I'll be forced to replace her soon. It'll be a sad day...:(

Upvote 0
Ah ... so many things to say about this one ... i still play with it like a idiot child when i get to hold it :)) ... discovered a new ROM two days ago ,and i started playing with it for about 2h ,and eventually my gf comes and yells at me to stop it ! :)

It was a pleasure to be one of the few [very few actually [here]] that had the honor to get a chance of having a N1! ...so much envy ,so many Iphone dreamers turned to the Android side by it :))

Upvote 0
I still use my NexusOne. I've had it for 1.75 years and it still works great. I don't plan to change it anytime soon. The internal memory issue is REALLY annoying, but I'm hoping I can resist for another year.

Occasionally I look online at the other phones available now and the specs look so much better, but I just can't justify replacing the N1 because it still works very well. What a great phone!

Upvote 0
My N1 is now my phone and mifi while my main work device is the Samasung Galaxy Player 5. What a great combination. The N1 is an additional backup and can take on any task if I need it, but most of the time I'm much happier with the Samsung's bigger screen. While the N1 lives on my belt as a phone, the Samsung is in either my front pocket (yes, it fits) or in my bag. The N1 is an excellent mifi (it is PAYG-- I don't need it often, but it is easy to load on more data OTA if I do). The connection is very fast and secure (WPA-PSK2). What a team. :D

It's important to have a job after you retire. ;)

Upvote 0
I had the N1 at launch and ordered from the US. It took ages coming over to the UK due to heavy snow over here slowing down transport. I have never wanted anything so badly as the N1 which made it even more special to own when it did arrive.

Unfortunately I had bad luck with mine and it was repaired three times by HTC due to motherboard and camera failures.

Eventually I sold it to fund a Nexus S and then sold my Nexus S for a Galaxy Nexus.

I have always missed the N1 so have managed to buy a brand new one again this week. I have just rooted it and using it now as opposed to my Galaxy Nexus. It can go in the wardrobe next to my HTC G1 for a while, this phone is so much better to hold and use than the GN.

Very happy :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones