• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

nexus one is coming to sprint

This totally blows...

I agree.

The more options a consumer has, the better. It helps with everything...most importantly price point. The EVO might be priced higher than an N1 would be, which would give customers another (cheaper) option. The price of the N1 might also "force" the price of the EVO to be lowered a little, if they see it affecting sales.

More good than bad comes from Sprint having the N1 (and other competing, Android phones).

Upvote 0
I agree.

The more options a consumer has, the better. It helps with everything...most importantly price point. The EVO might be priced higher than an N1 would be, which would give customers another (cheaper) option. The price of the N1 might also "force" the price of the EVO to be lowered a little, if they see it affecting sales.

More good than bad comes from Sprint having the N1 (and other competing, Android phones).
Small problem though. The nexus 1 would be sold through Google anyways. Meaning that you would have to pay full price for it (from google), not the discounted price for extending your contract with sprint. Yeah, you get more options but you would be paying top dollar for those options and no commitment to a carrier.
There are a few people who had hands on with the EVO and N1 and even engadget and BGR said that they liked the EVO phone better than the n1. I believe that BGR is right when they said that sprint made the right decision, they are offering a better phone for $199. instead of paying $500+ for the N1. Also sprint dont accept unlocked phones if im correct.

Upvote 0
Small problem though. The nexus 1 would be sold through Google anyways. Meaning that you would have to pay full price for it (from google), not the discounted price for extending your contract with sprint. Yeah, you get more options but you would be paying top dollar for those options and no commitment to a carrier.
There are a few people who had hands on with the EVO and N1 and even engadget and BGR said that they liked the EVO phone better than the n1. I believe that BGR is right when they said that sprint made the right decision, they are offering a better phone for $199. instead of paying $500+ for the N1. Also sprint dont accept unlocked phones if im correct.

Perhaps it would be "unlocked" and sold through Google only....but I'm currently with Verizon, and thinking of switching to Sprint. So if the Nexus One was offered at the same price point through Sprint that it is through T-Mobile for new subscribers...then that would offer another option. And I'm all about options. ;)

Upvote 0
doh_l.gif

Upvote 0
Hmmm....if that's the case, why are so many people talking about getting their EVO 4 G from Best Buy, or through other outlets? :thinking:
Well duh.. They will set up your account/activation/upgrade through sprint. They will extend your contract and all so you dont have to walk in a sprint store to do it. I didnt think it was that hard to figure out.
Sprint have a tight lock on their devices, even if Best Buy, radio shack, or whoever else who are licensed by sprint does it for you they still will have to call sprint and give them the ESN# which identifies if that device is a VZW or a sprint cdma phone.

doh_l.gif

Last year when i upgraded to my BB tour, I was gonna go through Best buy because I didnt have to go through the rebate wait. But Best buy didnt have any BB tours at that moment so i had to order it online through sprint.
Im considering going through best buy when its time for me to upgrade my phone to the evo4g this summer, because i will have to only pay $199 instead of $299 and wait for a rebate. im still buying the phone from sprint just that best buy will do all the dirty work for me.

Upvote 0
Im considering going through best buy when its time for me to upgrade my phone to the evo4g this summer, because i will have to only pay $199 instead of $299 and wait for a rebate. im still buying the phone from sprint just that best buy will do all the dirty work for me.

PLUS..... Bestbuy will buy your old phone IF you bought it at Best Buy. Sure, you could always just ebay the thing, but the prices I know Best Buy is offering for Heros now is quite good.

Upvote 0
LMAO!!!

I think it was just a poorly worded response on his part. I just wanted to give him the chance to retract or clarify his remark....but per as usual with most folks these days, he saw it as an opportunity to be somewhat defensive and a bit of a smart a$$. It's all good, though....

I find it funny that no one read my response. But im not here to argue balls and strikes. Also i have better things to do instead of being a smart a$$ in interweb. But the info i gave were accurate. I didnt think i had to explain about going to another store is the same as going through sprint.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones