• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Nexus one like rom (2.1)

150_cav

Android Enthusiast
Dec 16, 2009
http://androidspin.com/2010/06/29/r...illa-2-1-stable-for-the-htc-droid-incredible/

it's very vanilla but not 100%
i haven't installed (yet) so if it bricks i'm sorry
it is still buggy but it seems less buggy than the cyanogen rom running 2.1

download link http://www.mediafire.com/?mtmann3qog1

Problems i've noticed not mentioned by dev
1. MMS sending not working, receiving just slower than normal
2. Light sensor DOES work but you have to go to menu>settings>sounds & display>Brightness> then select Automatic Brightness
3. Possible Bluetooth Problems
4. Possible 3G dropping in and out

Reactions: zebdor
Straight from DEVs home page

I finally got this thing working. As far as I can tell it`s stable and runs well. All components of the hardware are functional and I haven`t had any problems with it thus far. The only bug I am noticing currently is that it takes a little longer than I would like for the mobile network to load (it`s not instantaneous) and the camera is only capable of 3M.

Other than that- this is a port from Nexus One shipped rom ERE27- stock 2.1 as Vanilla as the Yeti`s driven snow. No frills except root/superuser and wifi tethering. Also I am using the undervolt stock speeds kernel that ejhart posted a few days ago- it`s been very stable on my stock setup and has been very stable throughout this build.

download it, put it on your SDcard, backup your current rom, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, install.

Hope you like it...

Let me know what you think.

Known bugs as of 06-29-2010:
-GPS not fully functional (not satellite locks)
-Visual Voicemail
-Auto-dim setting not functional (light sensor does not appear to function)
-Camera 3MP (I know this was already stated)
-Does not include Corpcal.apk for exchange calendar syncing
-Internal storage not recognized
-Facebook won`t add to Account Sync

Upvote 0
i don't see any sense ui stuff and i've been looking pretty deep
the lock screen is vanilla, gallery, contacts, messages... everything

Attachments

• 2CAP201006291629.jpg
    2CAP201006291629.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 80
  • 2CAP2010062916291.jpg
    2CAP2010062916291.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 65
Upvote 0
This is the Yeti Rom, correct? I've been running it since last night and had no major issues.. I've tried every ROM available for the Inc so far, and this definitely my favorite. It's the only ROM I've found that's 100% vanilla (other than CyanogenMod which is too buggy.

The biggest problem I've had with it is home screen scrolling, so I just installed LauncherPro.

Upvote 0
This is the Yeti Rom, correct? I've been running it since last night and had no major issues.. I've tried every ROM available for the Inc so far, and this definitely my favorite. It's the only ROM I've found that's 100% vanilla (other than CyanogenMod which is too buggy.

The biggest problem I've had with it is home screen scrolling, so I just installed LauncherPro.

im still using it and it has been my fav as well but there is obviously a few bugs

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones