Nexus One multitasking

Last Updated:

1. Pabuzalaf

Pabuzalaf Member This Topic's Starter

Im not sure how this works. Does it have a card system or something similar like the pre ? Or is it just switching between programs ?

Advertisement
  2. smitty24

smitty24 Well-Known Member

Programs will run in the background. Example - If you start Pandora/iheartradio and then start another program, it will run in the notification bar whlie you proceed to check your email or web browse or whatever you selected. It doesnt do the card thing like Pre does, but it works. Also, the use of your 'Back' arrow helps as the home is kind of a 'defacto' close button...not for most apps, but for some, they seem to go away once 'Home' is selected.

Hope that helps.

3. anotherfandroid

anotherfandroid Banned

when you compare webOS 1.4 to android 2.1, it's like comparing an infant to a teenager. but in this odd case, the infant runs circles around the autistic teenager. cards with android? u must be dreaming. besides, like the previous post mentioned: the back button does not close every app...that's android multitasking for you.....

honestly, if multitasking is a big deal for you, i would get a pre plus on verizon; palm can teach both google and apple a lesson or two about multitasking. cards is intuitive and just brilliant. the pre plus runs about 50 apps simultaneously.

you can ask current N1 owners about the usefulness of google's attempt at cards :cool:

4. gibson6594

gibson6594 Well-Known Member

Hold down the home button.

5. g_patrick15

g_patrick15 Well-Known Member

I think Android multitask's pretty well. Just because it isn't 'cards' like the Pre doesn't mean it isn't well implemented

6. mi_canuck

mi_canuck Well-Known Member

it's more transparent... so people are freaking out because they can't readily see what's running... just need to get a task killer app (there are many), or go into Applications > Manage Processes (or something like that... I've shipped my Nexus for replacement so don't have it in front of me ;) )

7. gibson6594

gibson6594 Well-Known Member

good luck with the new battery