Nexus one on ATT..

Last Updated:

1. solidkevin

solidkevin Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

If anyone gets theirs and uses ATT please post your impressions, Im getting it soon and just wanna know how fast edge is on it, Youtube, web browsing etc. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. solidkevin

bump

3. lionelhuts

lionelhuts Active Member

See 3rd-Geer's thread HERE.

He is using the N1 with AT&T, and I believe he said that the N1 with EDGE is faster than his iPhone 3G (on 3G).

4. jmajor1111

jmajor1111 Member

got mine loaded up for a few more weeks on att till i decide to pay the etf with them and move to tmo. edge speeds are acceptable and the phone speed makes up for the lack of download speed. besides, i'm hardly ever away from some sort of wifi.

Missing a few features from the iPhone but the poor old 3g beast is just not doing it for me since out of the box this thing does what i want with minor additions, no jailbreak (rooting) required. I will miss the automated syncing with iTunes and looking for alternatives if anyone has any.

5. Vap1d-

Vap1d- Well-Known Member

6. 3rd-Geer

3rd-Geer Well-Known Member

Here is an easy alternative that I did.....turn your iPhone in to your iPod.

7. solidkevin

Can you watch youtube vids using edge? Thanks in advance!

8. mazzabl

mazzabl Active Member

im curious to this as well, same for google maps, is it slow to point where its not even worth using (google maps and youtube that is)

9. dsjr2006

dsjr2006 Well-Known Member

Google Maps works fine over EDGE. YouTube works, but takes longer to load and you can forget about using the High Quality setting for YouTube over EDGE. I wish I could just use it on T-Mobile so I could have 3G, but I just don't get service from them...

10. jbrinkley

jbrinkley Well-Known Member

same comments as above, BUT G maps load up way faster on 2g N1 than they did on winmo att 2g

11. solidkevin

Thanks guys! Sounds good imo!

12. dsjr2006

dsjr2006 Well-Known Member

It renders faster. Glad to have that extra horsepower when needed. :)

13. scottricketts

scottricketts Active Member

3G speeds in downtown Cincinnati are comparable to edge. MMS does take longer tho.

14. summerboy18

summerboy18 Guest

Think about using 3G instead of Edge guys..It will work SO MUCH faster than settle yourself on crappy Edge on AT&T. I'm in the same boat as I have iPhone 3GS, much better phone than Nexus..But I'm tempted to try Android out...Whew...still deciding..I know as soon as I switch, AT&T will release better Android device...so i might as well wait few more months..

15. Push

Push Member

very true. My N1 should be here in a few hours. I am a att customer with a apple iphone 3gs 32gb. Im selling mine for 450 and paying the difference for an N1. I have other ipods btw. also I wont be using an upgrade so that means I can buy the iphone 4g when it comes out too. soon i will have the best of both worlds.

I am only doing this because android has intrigued me for a long time. I even considered getting the archos 5 running android. I am slightly concerned about EDGE on ATT but I don't care. EDGE actually seems bare able around here. Maybe because even a basic free phone from ATT is 3G now (which is pointless and crowds the network).

I will answer some questions shortly about the ATT coverage with the N1. If you want you can add me on twitter or something so i can reply quicker

16. summerboy18

summerboy18 Guest

well that would be great! Let me know how things work out and maybe I might as well join th party with you. M twitteer is summeboy18 same Nick name as this one feel free to add me or I can add you !

17. Push

Push Member

mine is iampush. look out for the follow

18. summerboy18

summerboy18 Guest

Done.

I don't mind switching to tmo but problem is as soon as new iPhone comes out in June, I know I'm going to regret so that's that. I wish they had AT&T 3g capable nexus one. THAT WOULD BE AWESOME GOOGLE!!

19. Push

Push Member

oh yeah. i hope my videos and tv shows that I have converted for the iphone works for the nexus. resolution may be distorted

20. summerboy18

summerboy18 Guest

One hint I love about the n us one is tha it's go much high res screen

21. Maxx

Maxx Well-Known Member

I dont think AT&T will be putting out a better android device this year. The best they can possibly do is if their "exclusve" HTC android is the Bravo and that is just about on par with the N1. Their other offerings aren't exactly anything to drool over (dell and motoblur junk)

We'll just see by mid year what they've decided to let on their system. and if they do try to root us to their app store or put interfaces on the devices that don't allow us to truly unlock android then we'll have to go elsewhere.

But I do agree I would not buy a nexus one and limit it to edge...wish google had the intestinal fortitude to make the N1 not just another marketing ploy as much as any Iphone

22. allen099

allen099 Active Member

I'm an iPhone transplant, and before I commit to T-Mobile, I dropped my AT&T SIM into this phone. The voice quality isn't as good as it was on a 3G connection (I compared iPhone and Nexus One both on Edge, sounded similar.) The data does work fine over EDGE as the others posted above, so it's nice the phone can be utilized even in that way. I called T-Mo yesterday, and they have an Even More Plus plan which is $60/mo, 500 mins and unlimited data + text, and we can even pre-pay for it w/o a contract. We get full 3G as well, so I'm gonna give it a shot for a month. In general, I'm pretty impressed with the OS! It's very flexible, and being able to download apps straight from developers is a great feeling.