Nexus One on Verizon

Last Updated:

1. adrenalinerush12

adrenalinerush12 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Okay, as of now, I have a Droid Eris on Verizon. We have a family plan and I am the only one with the data plan (as I'm the only one with a smart phone in my family.) Now we bought all new phones with a 2 year contract and family plan with the addition of my data plan for the Eris.

Now my question is, when the Nexus One comes out for Verizon, will I be able to purchase the N1 and swap it out with the current Eris I have on that data plan line? (Since I already have the plan set up like I want). Or will I have to do a whole new contract with just that phone or what? (Hoping to just swap and give my girlfriend the Eris). We've only had this contract since December of last year so hoping by this December I can get the N1.

And if I can swap, will I have to pay the full $530 to buy the phone then take it to Verizon and change the phones over, or what? Because I've heard Google is doing all the stuff, not Verizon. So how will this work?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

Yes, you can buy whatever phone you want, and the same data plan applies to all of the "advanced" smart phones (verizon iPhone will also use the same data plan this summer). But unless you qualify for upgrade pricing you will be paying retail.

I'll be paying retail for either the N1 or iPhone on Verizon this summer just to get rid of the physical keyboard that my droid has.

3. Demthios

Demthios Member

I'm waiting as well to upgrade from my Eris to the N1, and plan on just selling off my Eris to help offset the cost.

4. spartan141

spartan141 Well-Known Member

im giving mine away.
    as soon as i can get an N1 on verizon

5. cdmta

cdmta Well-Known Member

6. adrenalinerush12

Thanks for the replies. I just can't seem to be satisfied with my Eris. My girlfriend loves it, so I'll give it to her. I guess I'll be working a lot to make up that $530.. Maybe it will be a little cheaper by Christmas. Haha.

7. Mykpfsu

Mykpfsu Well-Known Member

Is your girlfriend eligible for an upgrade? She can get the N1 discounted if so, then you 2 swap phones.

8. adrenalinerush12

Nah, she just upgraded her phone too. Well, I say upgraded, but she got the Omnia...Haha lame..

So I would like for us both to have Android phones.

9. MariposaNegra17

MariposaNegra17 Well-Known Member

I guess I kind of lucked out in this regard. I am eligible for an upgrade in July =]

I currently have an LG Dare and can't wait to get the Nexus One! =D

10. FatedDistress

FatedDistress Active Member

Don't expect such a quick price drop on that phone...especially Christmas Time! Nexus One and Iphone 4G will be the 2 best sellers for Verizon in 2010.