• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus one or wait...?

Also...how do I cut and paste sections of what I write? I can copy all..paste all but that's about it XD

Thanks,
-Roze-

P.S. don't know if it's inappropriate for me to ask these questions here...or maybe I should create my own thread XD

If in input txt field (keyboard active or not:
Move cursor to begin/end of txt want highlight
hold down trackball button
select select txt
Use trackball to highlight
Press trackball button

If browsing web n no txt input field active:
Press menu
Select more
select text
Use trackball to navigate cursor to txt to highligh
Press trackball button
press trackball button

Upvote 0
DHL tried to deliver to me on Thursday but I was not home. They said they would come on Friday and I decided to stay home just to wait for the phone. When it passed the time it came the day before I started calling DHL and they assured me that eventhough they cannot track the package (wtf?) it is with the delivery man and he will come by before 4pm. I called twice and they said the same thing twice.

4pm came, no DHL. I called again and this time this guy says that the phone never left the facility in Brampton. In fact the redelivery was canceled because there was this security breach at the place keeping the Nexus ones. SO now I have to go to Brampton on Monday to pick it up. I waited 5 hours for friggin nothing.

Is this true or is DHL just bullshitting me again? Does anyone have a similar experience?

Upvote 0
First time I saw a slow screen rotation speed complaint. Mine moves around with very little delay. Coming from winmo I was able to adjust the rotation speed and I found that if you make it too quick you end up with unintended rotations when you moved the phone around a little. There needs to be a little bit of a "ok my owner really wants me to rotate the screen" lag so that unintentional rotates are weeded out. Just eyeballing but mine rotates right about the same speed as I settled on in winmo which was about the best cogmpromise I found between speed and erroneous rotations. Not saying you dont have an unseemly lag but I have been prowling the various forums for weeks as I recently bought in and not seen this complaint. That implies that you have an issue or your expectations may be unrealistic.
I don't really know what to expect, this is my first Smartphone. I just assumed that the accelerometer is instantaneous. What you said about the unintentional rotate makes sense. Now I know that the 1sec delay is standard.
I never heard of scriptwriter but there's a kb called shapewriter that works like swype. it's darn good IMO
Oh! it is called shapewriter...I accidentally wrote scriptwriter by mistake >_<
If in input txt field (keyboard active or not:
Move cursor to begin/end of txt want highlight
hold down trackball button
select select txt
Press trackball button

If browsing web n no txt input field active:
Press menu
Select more
select text
Use trackball to navigate cursor to txt to highligh
Press trackball button
press trackball button
Thanks crabman, alamoe, & loganss for your help & input :D

Upvote 0
DHL tried to deliver to me on Thursday but I was not home. They said they would come on Friday and I decided to stay home just to wait for the phone. When it passed the time it came the day before I started calling DHL and they assured me that eventhough they cannot track the package (wtf?) it is with the delivery man and he will come by before 4pm. I called twice and they said the same thing twice.

4pm came, no DHL. I called again and this time this guy says that the phone never left the facility in Brampton. In fact the redelivery was canceled because there was this security breach at the place keeping the Nexus ones. SO now I have to go to Brampton on Monday to pick it up. I waited 5 hours for friggin nothing.

Is this true or is DHL just bullshitting me again? Does anyone have a similar experience?

Oh man...I hope you get your N1 soon >_< That really sucks : < I got my phone 2 days after I ordered it. I live in the GTA area. In one of the forums I've read that the Brampton DHL is kind of sketchy, lol. This one person received his package without the N1 and he was able to trace it back to the Brampton DHL office. Hopefully you don't experience something like that >_>
DHL in Ontario stole my Phone!!!!! - Nexus One Forum - Google Phone Forum

Upvote 0
Oh man...I hope you get your N1 soon >_< That really sucks : < I got my phone 2 days after I ordered it. I live in the GTA area. In one of the forums I've read that the Brampton DHL is kind of sketchy, lol. This one person received his package without the N1 and he was able to trace it back to the Brampton DHL office. Hopefully you don't experience something like that >_>
DHL in Ontario stole my Phone!!!!! - Nexus One Forum - Google Phone Forum

Yeah, I know I might be screwed by DHL. I'm praying that it's hopefully not the case. Well another 14 hours before I head out to Brampton, will let you guys know then.

Upvote 0
YES! I got it. Had to go all the way to Brampton but the phone is here and it's all good. :D

Good for you - I have had my phone for the last 3.5 months & I am still absorbed with it as ever!

I have the occasional issue with it but other than that, it is a superb phone.

If you are up for the challenge, consider rooting it as the Cyanogen ROM is better than the Stock version.....

I have the Brut version of Maps that allows UK navigation to work outside of the US and even though it is not the full functionality of the US version, it is still great for a mobile phone.

Ordered the car dock today, as my current 3rd party one is complete and utter shit'e. Yep, I am mad for pay $30 on top for postage! Other than this official car dock, there is probably no way I will keep the phone charged while using Nav anyway :-(

Let us have your thoughts & whether the phone is what you hoped for - any problems or questions, ask us :)

Upvote 0
Good for you - I have had my phone for the last 3.5 months & I am still absorbed with it as ever!

I have the occasional issue with it but other than that, it is a superb phone.

If you are up for the challenge, consider rooting it as the Cyanogen ROM is better than the Stock version.....

I have the Brut version of Maps that allows UK navigation to work outside of the US and even though it is not the full functionality of the US version, it is still great for a mobile phone.

Ordered the car dock today, as my current 3rd party one is complete and utter shit'e. Yep, I am mad for pay $30 on top for postage! Other than this official car dock, there is probably no way I will keep the phone charged while using Nav anyway :-(

Let us have your thoughts & whether the phone is what you hoped for - any problems or questions, ask us :)

If we root it the warranty is void right? I don't think we can restore it like an ipod/iphone? I think I should wait for the warranty to end to root it then.....

Otherwise, the phone is awesome! I'm so addicted lol, been sitting around hours playing around with the phone ever since it was fully charged. The battery life is actually pretty decent, after playing around with it so long, i expected the battery to die but evern with live wallpapers on, it has some pretty decent battery life.

Possibly the biggest issue I may have with the phone is fingerprints. I even gotten the screen protector...but the screen protector itself gets finrgerprints lol.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones