Nexus One order/shipping horror stories

Last Updated:

1. alamoe

alamoe Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

First of all let me say, Google should REALLY think long and hard about selling this phone in stores. If it were available in stores the problem that i'm having would not exist. I'm a G1 user, love Android. I feel that it combines the functionality of WinMo with the touch-friendliness of iPhone.

Now when I first saw pics of the N1 on Phonedog in October when it was known as the Dragon I knew i wanted it. My wife got sick of me talking about this phone and me praying that it comes to TMo. Then, one Saturday TMoNews announced on Twitter that "THE Google phone" was gonna be released on TMo. I click on the link to see what it looks like, and lo and behold, its the same phone that PhoneDog had posted about! SWEET!

Fast forward to 2 weeks ago, when I'm finally ready to pull the trigger on that N1 purchase. Wifey hears me talking about it so much she decides to order one also. We order separate on a Friday; she orders just the phone, while i order the phone plus the dock. We get confirmation that the phones will be delivered the following Tuesday. Wife takes off of work since her job has more flexible hours. While I'm at work she texts me when the packages are delivered. Now any fellow phone freak knows what the anticipation feels like. :D The rest of the day at work I'm on cloud 9, thinking about my N1 waiting for me at home. She opened hers but didn't set it up until I got home. I walk in the door and she hands me the package and I proceed to open it. THERE'S NOTHING IN IT BUT THE DOCK!!! :eek: Her order is correct though. I immediately get on the phone with FedEx and Google and file a claim. The package wasn't tampered with so I'm sure it was a warehouse error. Plus, the invoice has just the dock listed under ITEMS but the MERCHANDISE TOTAL is what I actually paid; phone + dock. 3 days later Google emails me back telling me that they are conducting a thorough investigation to see what happened and it would be another 7 business days before they update me. :mad: I call them back and tell the tech that if they would only look at the invoice that i received they would see that the phone was never shipped, it shouldn't take 7 days to send me my phone or refund my money so I can order another. The 3rd support person I talked to finally seemed like he understood what I was saying and took the issue to his supervisor. So maybe that will speed up the process. This whole thing almost makes me not even want the phone anymore.

The irony of all of this is that my wife didn't even want the phone; she just got one because of how much I talked about it, but she got hers before i got mine :(. So now i get to watch her with her N1 while i wait for Google to get their *ish* straight.

Well, the purpose of this thread is for others to post their horror stories (i KNOW their are others) dealing with the whole "Google Store" ordering/shipping process.

Advertisement
  2. USofPlutarchy

USofPlutarchy Well-Known Member

I agree man, usually Google has great cognition, but I have no idea what they are thinking here. They have the best IT engineers, not so much with customer service or supply-chain.

3. outoffocus

outoffocus Well-Known Member

My story was equally horrible. Pre-ordered the phone a week before the ship date. Received the phone a week later. It has been working perfectly ever since.

4. maq

maq Member

same here ordered one in Jan
    a second one with doc in Feb .
    I guess when you ordered two the same address , some confusion happened .
    give it time it will clear , can't say it is a horror though .

5. inSync

inSync New Member

I got my Nexus One Delivered to Pella , IOWA in 2 days after I purchased. Blazing fast. But now I am waiting the package to arrive to Greece where I am located (my cousin from IA sent it :p)

6. spaided

spaided New Member

Here's my story: But it did finally come at 11 am the next day:

[​IMG] sfsmwd Level 1
    3/2/10

Edit

I ordered my nexus one on Mar 1, 2010 at 5 pm central time and overnight shipping to louisiana for 529 dollars, now its been 24 hrs, my card has been charged, YET, no email has been sent to me with a shipping time/tracking number...GO figure, I spend over 500 dollars and I get squat... I hope this isn't how all Google business is going to be. If I get "OVERNIGHT" Shipping, I WANT IT OVERNIGHT!

[​IMG] sfsmwd Level 1
    3/2/10

Edit

WEIRD, OK, now its 4:36 exactly 20 minutes after this post...NOW i have a tracking number/shipping time in my Email... I guess someone from Google is actually reading these forums. To you who did, THANKS, >>>>ANOTHER WEIRD<<<< My phone JUST rang, FED EX notification of a delivery tomorrow before 3pm. How crazy it is! Too bad i sat at home all day today waiting, but, i REALLY REALLY want this phone so i am willing to sit at home again, and not go to work.

7. alamoe

Going on 2 wks later, still no N1. When I call I just get the "internal team is investigating" response. If I didn't have 1st hand experience with my wifes N1 to see how cool it is I would be trying to get my money back by now. Oh well, all I can do is wait....

8. SnotF

SnotF Well-Known Member

Wow this is a really crazy story. I really can't think how it could have occurred... I'm sure it will all work out for you though... hope you can be patient.

9. Karuk

Karuk Well-Known Member

You need to submit your story to every tech site that will listen. Engadget, Phandroid, Gizmodo, etc need to make a quick post about this to get Googles attention. 1 hater (due to a bad experience) can quickly turn into 1000 when a story like this hits the boards.

10. alamoe

Well, it looks like there will be a happy ending after all. Google emailed me they refunded my money; the entire $600 :). When the money cleared I ordered another and it looks like i'll have it tomorrow. So now the dock I received is basically a freebie! :D Who says Google is evil......?

11. mi_canuck

mi_canuck Well-Known Member

my horror story is pretty simply... took 7 WEEKS to get a refund!!!!

My Nexus days are numbered...