Nexus One Pricing? Can I get a Nexus One, on an old Grandfathered t-mobile plan?

Last Updated:

1. HtcEvoLemon

HtcEvoLemon Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Okay, I'm a little bit confused... I need clarification on the nexus one pricing on t-mobile.

I visited the Nexus One website, it appears to get the phone for 179.99 you have to be a new customer, or existing upgrading customer, to one of the new rate plans.

However, what if you have an old grandfathered rate plan? Can you get the phone for 179.99... or do you have to pay full retail $500??

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. ap3604

ap3604 Well-Known Member

If you want to get a Nexus One subsidized you have to sign up for a 2 yr contract at $80/mo.

Personally I would ALWAYS buy it without a subsidy and get an Even More Plus plan since you end up saving alot more money than if you get the $179.99 version...

3. Drhyde

Drhyde Well-Known Member

Plus you can do the $10 internet plan by buying it full price.

4. nathan118

nathan118 Member

Don't think you can do the $10 thing. According to the tmobile website:

"For phones other than smartphones, Unlimited Web access is $10 per month."

But to answer the original question, yes, you can use a nexus one on a grandfathered plan, and it's actually an awesome deal. Yes, you have to buy the phone outright, but it could save lots of money in the long run.

I'm on a $49 family plan (400 shared minutes). My wife and I both got nexus ones, and I was able to add $25 unlimited android web + 400 text messages to each phone. That's $100 for two phones. But even if you buy the phones out right, you can get 750 mins and unlimited web/text for $110 on an even more plus plan.

Then using my 12% AAA discount, our monthly bill comes out to about $91. What a deal!

5. Drhyde

Drhyde Well-Known Member

Sure you can. T-Mobile can't identify the N1. Go to their website and add any old dumbphone as what you own, add the $10 unlimited web, change APN settings in Mobile Network to "internet2.voicestream.com", and finally make sure you have a second APN for MMS messaging "epc.tmobile.com" and enjoy. This is how I roll with my internet on Froyo and can take advantage of the new tethering feature.