Nexus One Pro: World Phone With Keyboard, Bigger Battery?

Last Updated:

1. phandroid

phandroid Admin News Bot Recognized Contributor This Topic's Starter

Well this is interesting: on stage with Walt Mossberg at a live AllThingsD Event at CES, Andy Rubin (apparently unprompted) mentioned an “enterprise” version of the Nexus One that would include a keyboard, bigger battery and world connectivity. Here is a portion of the transcript from Engadget:Walt: “So based on what you said, two [...]

More...

Advertisement
  2. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

... Exactly what I wanted. But the question now is whether it does CDMA or not. :) Here's hoping.

3. blinky

blinky Well-Known Member

They are preparing an Android based phone to compete head on with Blackberry's phones. It will have similar or better resolution than the Blackberry Bold and Blackberry Tour phones.

4. NegusDropout

NegusDropout Member

As long as they bring it to Sprint. I can't stand that all the hot phones always go to GSM, where is the CDMA love??

5. QrafTee

It's easier to tag a phone "World Phone" when you just do GSM because everyone else across the globe does it. CDMA is purely optional and only if the manufacturers hammer out an agreement with Sprint or Verizon. (or whoever else uses CDMA technology over GSM)

6. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

They better make one for sprint

7. QrafTee

I wonder how much easier it will be to unlock Verizon's Nexus One if it was rooted...

8. blackdognorth

blackdognorth Active Member

Bump
    Nexus N1 Pro.
    Progress on new stuff coming out seems to have really slowed down.
    This would be great to see on Verizon.
    About the only option we seem to have for world phone is HTC TP@ or Imagio running WinMo.
    Be nice for an N1 or Droid to run GSM too. Seems like with high-powered world business people, it would be a major seller.

Having AT&T and an old Nokia 6303 flipphone, I am NOT impressed with call quality and do not want it to be my network of choice in the future. Want Verizon AND GSM/World!