• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus One Questions ( Modem / Bluetooth )

Blutz18

Feb 20, 2010
Hello everyone

I am considering buying a Nexus One when the phone comes to Verizon and the new Chrome OS netbook when it comes out later this year.

Modem question - I am wondering if this phone can act as a modem so I could run my netbook with it when I am not at home ? if it could be a modem, could it also take phone calls while I have the netbook up and online ?

Bluetooth question - Can the N1 be connected to the netbook via bluetooth?If the N1 can be connected to the netbook via a bluetooth would I also be able to connect to my car stereo at the same time ? and finally if I can use my phone to connect to the netbook and car stereo at the same time via bluetooth could I still take calls ?

Thanks in advance for any help you may have.

I am trying to get away with adding a 3g plan on my netbook if possible but I dont know how much it will limit me by doing it with my phone ?

Thanks for any help

Blutz18

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones