Nexus One reverted to stock

Last Updated:

1. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Aug 23, 2009
    I reverted back to stock 2.2 on my N1 because I felt I was getting terrible battery life with CM6 RC1 even though I loved the extra features.

Almost straight away I received the FRG83D 2 part update which I went ahead with.

Anyway, Universal Androot reports that my phone is rooted. However I don't have superuser permissions. I can now neither root nor un-root my device with Universal Androot.

I don't care whether I'm rooted or not at this stage, but I would like to remove items I no longer use mainly Superuser Permissions in the app draw.

I'm happy to remain stock un-rooted for now and wait for 2.3 to come.

Any easy way? Or should I use my Stock Rooted back up and then un-root and wait for the updates again?

2. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Universal Androot was disabled with FRG33 onwards.

You can use SuperOneClick in it's place apparently, I think that VISIONary+ and Z4root work as well.
    MartinS likes this.
  3. AnotherFatalEpic

AnotherFatalEpic Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2010
    That's strange.. because with CM6.1RC1 I am getting much more time out of my battery, I almost don't have a need to carry my spare around (almost).

Is that common? Bad battery life with CM?
  4. Talderon

Talderon Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Bad battery life comes and goes. Some have good life, others have bad. It's so hard to tell 100% if it is the ROM (Cyanogen or any other ROM to be honest) because not everyone sets up their devices the same.

If we got 100 people to put the same ROM, SD Card, Apps, Settings and usage all to be exact, we'd get 100 different results.

Now, there ARE some cases where if you are running a nightly, there is an issue in the ROM that eats up battery time, but those are few and far between and normally quickly fixed.