Nexus One ROM on Evo

Last Updated:

1. surfologist87

surfologist87 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am looking for a nexus one 2.2 rom for the Evo..
    Is there any such thing...?

Advertisement
  2. T Mac

T Mac Well-Known Member

3. surfologist87

Hmm..Ill have to look up some screenshots of it.
    I notice there is no 4G though.

Fresh seems to look a lot like it too..
    How does everyone like Baked snack, and how well does wireless tethering work with it?

4. t0ast3d

t0ast3d Well-Known Member

It looks just like the Nexus One, stock FroYo.

Baked Snack is a very good ROM, not sure about the tethering though, probably no different from any others..

5. surfologist87

Thanks. What about Fresh? Anyone used it and like it?

6. jersey221

jersey221 Well-Known Member

im using fresh and its good but its looks nothing like froyo like cyanogen.

7. surfologist87

Within the last 30 mins i flashed BakedSnack and Fresh.

For now im keeping Fresh with the vanilla lock screen. I love it!!!
    How do i get the vanilla lock screen on Sense?

8. surfologist87

Everyone loves screenies!!
    [​IMG]

9. Drew5150

Drew5150 Well-Known Member

if you have fresh you have sense.
    if you have vanilla lock on fresh you have vanilla lock on sense.
    does this make sense?

10. surfologist87

Ah... Hmm. really?

So whats the difference between 'Sense' and ROMS that arent Sense?
    Like CM6 is not Sense, right?

Also, while were at it..what is it about sense that so many people dont like?
    I read a lot of people hate it, or want something else, but what about it do people not like?

11. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

This is what my home screen looks like

[​IMG]

12. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

People like sense and dont like sense for a lot of reasons. The reason i stay with sense id the dialer, but im not a huge fan of the sense launcher, so i go with launcher pro as seen above. I like some sense widgets, however you lose them with lp. But if you buy and unlock lp you get some pretty food widgets, like calendar and bookmarks, and the clock/date widgets are some i found online. Some people dislike the sense dialer and dont like that there is no bluetooth in the keyboard, some dont like the app drawer, it is all about personal preference. Here is sense v. aosp:

AOSP vs. Sense - xda-developers

13. surfologist87

Thanks.
    I like your home screen, i used LP with Dreamlyfe's Dock before i was rooted and really liked it. it was super simple and looked great.

I guess those little things bother people here and there. I dont mind some of them. Ill play around here and there and see what i get.
    I have had Fresh, BakedSnack and i want to try CM6 next.
    I just like the vanilla lock screen on BS and want to keep it for a bit

14. surfologist87

Ok..I had BakedSnack and changed to the Vanilla Lock Screen. Easy peasy.
    But can i get the vanilla lock screen on...stock rooted 2.2?

15. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

You can get vanilla lock with fresh in the fresh updater, but be sure you get the clock too or you will have to unlock your phone to deal with alarm clocks

16. Drew5150

the main thing that people refer too when saying that they don't like sense is the home launcher. but sense is the entire user interface or everything you see. personally i like sense, not the launcher i am on launcher pro. I do not like the dialer, i don't like how it mixes your history into your phone book.

check this thread out. http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/171092-custom-launcher-does-not-mean-no-sense.html

not sure exactly. well i know you can get the vanilla lock by deleting the the htc lock screen, but then you can't shut off your alarm. you will also need the vanilla clock. fresh updater provides this.

i personally do not like the vanilla lock, but that just me.

you can do a couple of things - 1 you can download widget locker or lock bot pro and you can change your lock screen by customizing. and you can choose to have a vanilla lock type of lock. i personally didn't like these programs.

your other option would be to install a theme onto your phone and this will change the look of the htc lock screen, but not the function. i personally use manups revolution theme and i think the lock screen looks cool.

[THEME] 8/30/2010 Manup456 The EVO Collection 2.2 UPDATED =) - xda-developers

also i know the kunikub theme change up the lock a bit

[Themes] Konikubs Evo Theme Collection - Froyo 2.2 - Usable on many ROMS!! - xda-developers

others probably do too, i just haven't tried them. search for sense themes over at xda

i found this you could try as well

(Theme) Vanilla Android AOSP Theme Version 2!!! for Sense UI - xda-developers

after reading some of your other threads i would suggest that you install the stock rooted 2.2 for now, if you haven't already. use the stock kernal, not needed just a suggestion for this. now go format your sd card. copy any needed files or pictures to your pc first.

i say this cause your nandroids weren't working and you seem like you have gone through a lot in the rooting process and a fresh start with your sd card would be a good idea.

i think you can just format your sd card through your phone, but i am not sure. maybe start a thread asking what is the best way to do this.

17. surfologist87

Wow thanks a lot. Lots of good info there.

I actually did run the RUU and formatted the sd and started over. I have been trying a lot of things in the last few days and really got some things messed up. Its good now, im just on stock 2.2 with netarchy and stickin with it for a while.

I like those themes, i really like the first one, i hope the download links work soon, id like to check it out.

I do notice that the vanilla lock screen isnt as smooth as HTCs so im back to normal for now. I really like things to run smooth.. I love handcent, but some aspects about it are just cheap and dont work 100percent perfect, so i just stick with the stock app. Its not perfect either but runs a lot more smoothly.

18. Drew5150

19. Randymac88

Randymac88 Member

I am actually running Baked Snacks 1.7 with Netarchy's latest (not beta), along with the AOSP theme linked above. I love it. The AOSP theme gives me the notification icons and makes it really feel like the nexus one, but with the functionality of the EVO (4G, Wireless Tether, etc.). Then I removed the HTC lockscreen and I'd say I'm happy. Highly recommended.