nexus one sd card problemSupport

Last Updated: 2011-06-16 00:48:59
  1. jsandor91

jsandor91 Member

hey im running 2.2frf91 and since ive had froyo this has happened to me three times while either connected to my computer or using a app that uses the sd card such as androzip the phone freezes or the transfer from the computer freezes i unmount, restart my phone, the damaged sd card prompt comes up. my card wont be read by three different computers windows 7, xp, and mac. also my phone wont reformat the card i had to use my g1 to reformat it. then i recovered the data on my computer and put it back in my nexus. it happened for the third time today when i was trying to email a video file. i have a feeling its a bad sd card but could it be the phone? anyone have anything similar happen please chime in. thanks in adavance

(oh yea its the 4gb that came with the phone)

Advertisement
  2. macprv

macprv Well-Known Member

perhaps the card is going bad?? why dont you try with a different card, and see if you experience the same problem
  3. jsandor91

jsandor91 Member

good advice. im back to the 1gb that came with my g1, i didnt think microsd cards went bad especially not after only 6 months of use.
  4. cyberbob25

cyberbob25 Well-Known Member

As with anything mass produced, some parts sometimes fall short of specs, and sometimes they can slip through QC. SD cards can also go bad depending on many times they have been written to, though since it's only 6 months old, I doubt that's the issue here.

I've read that filling the card with all zero's can help recover a failing card. In Linux, the command to do this is 'dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/<device name'. Not sure offhand what utilities will help you do this in Windows.
  5. Rossforney

Rossforney Member

I'm on my second 16g Sandisk and it JUST popped on me! Neither one lasted a full 90 days! It's the most frustrating feeling in the world considering it's a $100 card! You can call sandisk and they'll give you instructions to mail it to them and they will mail you a new one and offer a service where they can send you back one with all the files you lost pre loaded on it.
    The thing I find curious is that mine was also on a Nexus one, also running FRF91, and it ALSO happened to me while trying to emial a video.
    Well, I should specify, I HAD tried SEVERAL times to email a video. After FAILING to do so, I mounted to my computer to transfer the file manually. Once the file was done transferring I ejected the Nexus from the computer side and unmounted the SD card from the phone. Then I pulled up the file on the computer and the video would play but with no sound! I looked down at my phone to see about retrying and there was the SD card damaged notification starring back at me! $500 phone. $100 chip. Neither work properly. Very frustrating!
  6. shttw

shttw Active Member

Mine just froze and now reports blank SD card.

All backed up PC but very annoying also FRF91
  7. jsandor91

jsandor91 Member

Happened again with my old 1gb lost alot of pictures and apps sdcard wont work at all now. What should I do?
  8. bradladd

bradladd New Member

ive had the same problem with mine also running froyo it was fine with the 2gb sd card but since i got a 32gb then a 8gb card just keeps freezing the 32gb wouldnt format on anything i had and the 8gb keeps freezing the screen or displaying the "checking for errors" message for ages or "error on card" this isnt the cards i just think nexus is having a few problems with storage cards its annoying me as i love my n1