Nexus One - Singapore experience

Last Updated:

1. extreo

extreo Member This Topic's Starter

Feb 4, 2010
    Singapore is one of the 4 official countries to have the privilege of having the Nexus One. The others being USA, UK and Hong Kong.

I ordered mine on launch day 5th Jan and got mine 11 Jan. To this day, I haven't come across another Nexus user.

Presumably there are some out there already or some from Singapore who might be interested in getting the phone who might want to know what the user experience is like here, or share their experiences/problems.

Anyway, in short, I have had an excellent experience with my phone network connections (voice) and the speed of the upload and download on 3G (using Speedtest).

There are the international drawbacks viz a viz USA users. No paid Apps on the Android marketplace and the Google Maps app doesn't do turn by turn navigation but these have not been a deal breaker.

The only paid app I wanted to buy sold me directly in the google marketplace. However not every software company does that e.g Locale.

Fortunately too, I have not had to test out HTC's service support here yet.

Can I wholeheartedly recommend it? Yes.

2. Steem

Steem Active Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I bought mine through a friend in Singapore as I couldn't wait for it to launch in Australia. It works fine although I am a little disappointed with the 3G issues not being resolved in the latest OTA update. I also purchased the dock through US and it works beautiful.