The pen would indicate that this is the samsung note, imo
    vandyman likes this.
  7. the7nd

the7nd Well-Known Member

It must dispense wine too, then.

WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO RUIN THIS MOMENT!!! :p
  8. RX-78-2

RX-78-2 Well-Known Member

Looks nothing like the Note that was demoed, but you could be right.
  9. daygo718

daygo718 Well-Known Member

If this is it, then Wow!
  10. darkestred

darkestred Well-Known Member

Looks pretty curvey on both ends. Sorta like the Cowon S9.
  11. jayefef

jayefef Well-Known Member

12. kyler13

kyler13 Well-Known Member

The milk and cookies would indicate that it's a Samsung refrigerator and stove. Come on, Steven. BTW, I have a Samsung refrigerator and it ROCKS. If this new phone is anything like my refrigerator, then it will be...well...okay...not nearly as cool, especially when both cores are going at full capacity, but I digress. ;)
    redraider1 likes this.
  13. outoffocus

outoffocus Well-Known Member

not sure i want my phone to have too much curve. i hate talking on my phone and when i do it's with a headset or speaker phone..

no idea how it is to browse/read on a curved display as ive never held one.

guess it's wait and see. my nexus one is banged up and more than ready to become a solid backup phone. :D
  14. Lunacy

Lunacy Well-Known Member

15. jmt9779

jmt9779 Well-Known Member

looks cool to use, but looks unpleasant to deal with in the front pocket of a pair of jeans.
  16. B2L

B2L Well-Known Member

If anything it will be curved like the Nexus S. Which fits in the pocket quite nicely, all you have to do is face the screen towards your leg instead of the other way around.

I really hope this is the Nexus Prime, I've been extremely excited for it. But will be very disappointed if it doesn't come to T-Mobile.
    redraider1 likes this.
  17. novemberwhiskey

novemberwhiskey Well-Known Member

Can someone explain the benefits of curved glass to me?

If you increase the size of the screen, and curve the glass, doesn't that decrease the overall viewing size?

Does it lead to holographic or 3D effects or something?

Just there as a novelty?

I can see where a curve in the opposite direction might bemore comfortable for swiping, but this direction seems to be less comfortable. I dunno.
  18. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

everything i just googled about the "contoured screen" of the Nexus S basically says its for ergonomic benefits. ...fits better in your hand, better against your face while talking.
  19. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

I don't think the actual display is curved, just the outer layer of glass. It won't distort the display or give it any superior benefit to other screens, I don't think.
  20. Ninja Monkey

Ninja Monkey Well-Known Member

Looks awesome. Me want!
  21. R=G

R=G Well-Known Member

Can't wait....
  22. T-Rez

T-Rez New Member

I just hope this thing is reasonably sized. Mobility is still a big deal to some of us out here. Bigger is not better.
  23. This looks awesome I hope it stays that way when it comes to verizon and also hope they don't make us wait super long to release it after announcing it.
  24. Trent Reznor

Trent Reznor Well-Known Member

My droid incredible started sobbing uncontrollably today when I let it know that I had decided to move on!!!!:D
  25. Lefort1

Lefort1 Well-Known Member

I didn't originally know if I l would like the curved screen back with the Nexus S, but after having held and use one. It's actually pretty nice, not to mention an original design that nothing else looks like.