nexus problem...pls help

1. Fiezta

Fiezta Well-Known Member

My nexus one keep fc close on all apps, one time my nexus one just rebooted itself and I have to start everything afresh as if I just got the phone out of the box and just few hours ago, it cleaned up all my contacts, logs etc but luckily I have both my lookout and wavesecure to get them back, also my contact were also backed to my gmail accts...please any assistance will be greatly appreciated as to know when is going on.
    P.S, whenever I try to make call, it takes forever to load up or to find contact...I keep have to shut down the phone completely
    Thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. Snazzy

Snazzy Well-Known Member

I'm sure you have already but it is worth asking. Have you done a full wipe yet?
  3. Fiezta

Fiezta Well-Known Member

Thank you for your quick response but pls what do you mean by full wipe?
    Thanks
  4. Snazzy

Snazzy Well-Known Member

A "full wipe" is to delete the entire contents of the phone including format of the system partitions and cache. You will lose everything except the contents of your SD card but it sounds like you have your contacts backed up with Google Mail.

You can do a wipe via "Settings...Privacy Settings.. Factory Data Reset." Don't bother restoring applications via 3rd party methods just re-install everything from the market again.
  5. Fiezta

Fiezta Well-Known Member

is that not the same same as factory reset? please how do I do dat?
    Thanks
  6. Snazzy

Snazzy Well-Known Member

Yes it is the same thing. Have you completed a factory data reset?
  7. Fiezta

Fiezta Well-Known Member

is factory reset different from factory data reset? The phone has done a reset on its own before but not sure if it was completely reset because some of my apps were still there when I logged back in.
  8. Snazzy

Snazzy Well-Known Member

Do a proper "factory data reset" as per my instructions. Not only does this erase your private data but reformats your system partitions and dalvik cache which will go a long way to ensuring your phone runs correctly.
  9. Fiezta

Fiezta Well-Known Member

Thank you
  10. Talderon

Talderon Well-Known Member

Worth a shot, my N1 that I use for test/dev has done this to me as well. Wipe and re-start everything.