nexus randomly shuts down and won't restart for a while?General

1. caneaddict

caneaddict Well-Known Member

Anyone else experiencing this? The screen sporadically shuts off and I can't get it back on with the power button. Pressing the power button just yields a small vibration then after a few minutes pressing the power button will cause the phone to start back up with the start-up animation so it had to have shut down.

Also anyone know where the call log is located?

Advertisement
  2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

That sounds like the battery is dying. Do you charge it while waiting?

The call log is in the dialer. The clock icon in the middle.
  3. caneaddict

Sometimes I charge it during the few minutes it's off and about half the time before it turns back on it's dead for a while then the battery charging image comes up then it restarts. But there's also times when it turns back on without that and it looks like the battery is full.

BTW thanks for the info on the call log, why on earth is it under a clock icon?
  4. Banished Angel

Banished Angel Well-Known Member

Because it shows what TIME your calls came in/went out?
  5. hstroph

hstroph Well-Known Member

I had similar problems with a new Nexus 4 after installing Light Flow. Uninstalling the app removed the problems for me, although others don't seem to have them. I'm thinking it was some interaction with my phone's display and sleep settings.
  6. ThEGr33k

ThEGr33k Well-Known Member

Same issue here. Only happened once so far but only had phone for 3 days. Pulled it out of pocket and it was dead. After 2 mins it booted as though it was off. I tried charging but it made no odds. The battery was on about 30% so can't be low power. Phone wasn't hot. Strange one!
  7. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

At three days old, I'd have to think it was just not got power stats to reliably report power, so it will shut you down if it thinks you've reads a low power state. Charge it full and let it discharge to 20% a couple of times and it should level out.
  8. ThEGr33k

ThEGr33k Well-Known Member

Well I checked the battery maybe 10 mins before and it said 40% and when it turned back on it was at 40% so I can't see why that would be, also doesn't really explain the reboot.

Could be that the OS actually crashed out and that the eventual restart was from this?
  9. caneaddict

glad to see i'm not the only one. I do notice that it happens far less frequently now - usually while plugged into my car charger.
  10. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

There's definitely something in JB or an app incompatibility with JB. My Nexus 4 doesn't seem to reboot anymore but my GNex has.