• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.3

Atma

Extreme Android User
Dec 26, 2011
North Carolina
toolkit163_zpsbdd35f0c.jpg

VERSION 1.6.3 - This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, generate logcats/bugreports, and much more! With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system,

No, I wish. I used to have the 7 now I just have the 10. The pics are from a dev who had them rooted before they were even on sale.

I would really like to get the 7. I had a hard time deciding on whether to get the 10 or 7. Came down to specs...I think that the 10 will be better down the stretch. Now that I see there are hidden LTE radios in the 4, I might have to look into that to replace my GNex (if the radios are actually functional...fingers crosses).

Upvote 0
Does the root/unlock process factory reset? i have a xoom wifi thats not rooted because the process wiped the tablet.

The process of unlocking the bootloader is what wipes the device. Actually installing a custom recovery and rooting the device does not. I would suggest backing up any data that you already have on the device first. Once you have unlocked the bootloader, you do not have to worry about wiping the data.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones