• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Nexus S 4g android.process.media

mrjacowley

Lurker
Sep 14, 2012
Alright, here's my problem. I've searched through many different forums, but there is nothing that really has helped solve my problem.

Whenever I try to download, update, or reinstall an app from the android market, I get the error that says "android.process.media has stopped" and also the app store force closes.

I have cleared the data from both "download manager" as well as "media Storage" per advice from previous threads that suggested to do so. With it being a Nexus S 4g there is no SD card to format or to unmount and clear.

I can't figure out how to get this fixed, my Nexus S 4g has been rooted here's the specs...

Model Number: Nexus S 4G
Android Version: 4.1.1
Baseband Version: D720SPRLC1
Kernel Version: 3.0.38-cfs-g5a4c4d2shankar@Matr1x#1
BAKED version: baked_crespo4g_blackbean-2
Build Number: baked_crespo4g-userdebug 4.1.1 JR003L eng..travp624.20120814.214423test-keys

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones