1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Nexus S battery replacement

1. stephen1979

stephen1979 Member

Hi everyone,

For the past few weeks I've been struggling with short battery life on my Nexus S. It runs JB and I have done a factory reset after the update. The factory reset greatly improved the speed of the device, but I'm noticing the length of battery life dip.

Would anyone recommend where I can get a replacement battery, and what type I should get? I'm going to try 1 more factory reset, but I may get another battery anyway, can't hurt to have a spare because my phone has died twice while away for extended periods without a recharge.

Thanks.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Tagsfordroid

Tagsfordroid Member

The Nexus S battery is a pretty standard battery (no NFC antenna or anything fancy). I've bought packs of 3 batterys for like 10 dollars on ebay. They work fine.
    The exact ebay page I bought from is no longer there, so I wont provide a direct link. But search on ebay for
    i9020 charger
    and you will find several that sell a wall charger plus 2-3 batteries for less than 15 dollars.

I have compared these batteries with my original...and seriously they are identical (same text and all)...dont know if OEM or fake...but they work.

good luck.

-tagsfordroid.com