Nexus S camera not workingSupport

Last Updated:

1. cornellyjak

cornellyjak New Member

Hello again guys, When i try to use my camera i get a message displayed saying "Unfortunately, Gallery has stopped working".
    I can access my photos in my Gallery but it wont let me take any more pics. My phone is not short on memory so any ideas what i can do to get this function to work again?
    Any suggestions would be a help.

Thanks.

Paul

Advertisement
  2. bfksc

bfksc Well-Known Member

Sounds like you installed a custom ROM like CyanogenMOD which has issues with the camera and related software. If so, you need to contact the authors about any issues.
  3. jongl

jongl New Member

I had the same problem, but reading another forum I found that, go to settings/apps/all/gallery/clear data. This fixed problem of "gallery has stopped working", it did not remove pics & allowed camera to work again, hope that helps you.
  4. cornellyjak

cornellyjak New Member

Thank you very much Jongle.
    Your suggestion has also worked for me .
    My camera is working again and ive not lost any photos as you said.
    Cheers mate.

Paul.
  5. jongl

jongl New Member

Pleased that worked for you too, cheers Jon
  6. dominique1027

dominique1027 New Member

i had the same problem, but reading another forum I found that, go to settings/apps/all/gallery/clear data. This fixed problem of "gallery has stopped working", it did not remove pics & allowed camera to work again, hope that helps you.
  7. RDPancham

RDPancham Member

Hi
    In my Nexus S (Android Ver 4.1.1); recently my camera stopped working. As soon as I try to take the picture; it flashes and phone switches itself off. Any idea about how to get rid of this problem?
  8. RDPancham

RDPancham Member

Is this thread dead now? I hope somebody can help me to fix the problem. I did try clearing data as mentioned above by jongl. and even factory reset too - but no luck..! Please help..